24v turbo v6 stealth engine and tranny

-

jimjimjimmy

lobsterman
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to get one will I be able to sell this fairly easy or will it set in the way . I don't know anything about these engines .
thanks . Aaron

There is whole legion of a people that are very into these cars , they even have kits to put small block mopar engines in them ...... i think ebay would be the place to sell this

Its not often you come across the turbo engines at a good price. At least not around here. Mileage is a major factor IMO. Turbos are an item that wears out and is expensive to repair compared to other things. That being said, if I could get a complete turbo drivetrain out of a stealth for a decent price I would snatch it in a heartbeat. These kinds of things are the reason you see toyota six speeds behind smallblocks. Or Ranger axles in an A body.

Got any more information on the deal? Automatic or standard tranny? Is it possible to get anything else from the car? Was it a four wheel drive turbo car?

tranny is not much of a commodity for us as its a FWD, but they do break on other ricers cars. That motor would be bangin in an A though. 300 net HP mated to a 904 (turbos like autos!) would be something different. I think these are pretty wide though. pics and width? Also dont know where P.E.I is... you could part out the rebuildable turbo it s a good slant size. I had the NA version in a Diamante, smooth as silk and could spin the wheels through second.

The turbos were manual transmission, all wheel drive, all wheel steer. Expensive to fix, but boatloads of fun. buying a used engine may be like buying a hand grenade. Had a 92 with low miles and got rid of it. had it cranked up to 15 lbs of boost and it would run pretty good as long as the transmission held together.

Its not often you come across the turbo engines at a good price. At least not around here. Mileage is a major factor IMO. Turbos are an item that wears out and is expensive to repair compared to other things. That being said, if I could get a complete turbo drivetrain out of a stealth for a decent price I would snatch it in a heartbeat. These kinds of things are the reason you see toyota six speeds behind smallblocks. Or Ranger axles in an A body. Got any more information on the deal? Automatic or standard tranny? Is it possible to get anything else from the car? Was it a four wheel drive turbo car?

I will find out more info on this package

tranny is not much of a commodity for us as its a FWD, but they do break on other ricers cars. That motor would be bangin in an A though. 300 net HP mated to a 904 (turbos like autos!) would be something different. I think these are pretty wide though. pics and width? Also dont know where P.E.I is... you could part out the rebuildable turbo it s a good slant size. I had the NA version in a Diamante, smooth as silk and could spin the wheels through second.
pei is on the east coast of Canada and it is beautiful .

The turbos were manual transmission, all wheel drive, all wheel steer. Expensive to fix, but boatloads of fun. buying a used engine may be like buying a hand grenade. Had a 92 with low miles and got rid of it. had it cranked up to 15 lbs of boost and it would run pretty good as long as the transmission held together.

thanks for all the info and responces I will find out what kinda shape this engine is in and he did tell me the only trouble he had with this car was tranny related I think this is a replacement engine and tranny he had for a spare and never used my cousin is the owner and is moving and wants me to take it off his hands .

-
Back