255/50/15 on a 8 inch rim 71 valiant?

-

valiant360

Reaction score
like I said 255/50/15's on 8 inch rims on the rear of a 71 valiant? is there any way? I have a brand new set that needs some use!

That's seems like a pretty easy combination.

I have 235/60R15s now and they seem very narrow on my 8" wheels.

I fit 255/60-15s on the back of the Duster. But the wheel
openings are a little larger. Don't know how well it would
work with the smaller opening. Good Luck.

That would be a really tight fit. I have 235/60R14's on 6" rims with SS springs and I don't have much clearance. I used to run 225/75R14's on the same rims when the springs were stock and literally had my hand stuck between the tire and wheel well. I needed help turning the tire backwards to get my hand out.

I would think it depends on the back spacing of the rim. a 255-50 is going to be a pretty short tire. About 25" tall and probably 10.5" section wodth. It will be pretty tight if it does fit.

This question gets raised a lot on our Aussie mopar forums.
I'm pretty sure your valiants have the same rear wheel arch as our 68-71 valiants.
If so the consensus over here is that 245 is the widest tyre you'll fit under the rear with no mods and even then the backspace has to be right as it IS a tight fit.
Hope this helps.

AdamR said:
I would think it depends on the back spacing of the rim. a 255-50 is going to be a pretty short tire. About 25" tall and probably 10.5" section wodth. It will be pretty tight if it does fit.

i agree . it depends on the wheel they are going on.. the problem is gonna be the spring if anything with a 10" wide tire ..

The only thing that might change that is that I have a 8 3/4 from a early b body car. Which is 3 or 4 inches wider than the stock axle.

-
Back