255/60/15 ET streets?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
Hello all, I am planning on going to infineon in the near future and i want to get the most traction possible. I Have a 69 Dodge Dart that is not mini tubbed and i am wondering if i can fit a set of 255/60/15 MT ET streets? I know i can fit a set of 235/60/15's but i really want to run the 255's. Has anyone with a Dart been able to fit this size tire without rolling the fenders or any other modification?
P.S. i currently have 245's out back and have no rubbing whatsoever and i have about a qurter of an inch or so between the tire and the wheelwell.

I'm running 255/60/15 BFG Radials on my 67. (So are alot of folks here) Had to run a 1/4" spacer though since my wheels are 5" backspacing. If they were 4.5" I would have been ok. I just barely clear my leaf spring clamps now w/ plenty of room to the fender. (Everything's all stock on my car) The dim's on these are 27.01 " tall and 9.73" wide. The ET Streets may be a little wider being a drag tire. I think you could do it, you may have to get a little creative...

IMG_2437.JPG

i think if you only have a 1/4 inch now it will be pretty close...and im leaning towards prob not working....but i dont have a 67 dart either...

I don't have a dart but a '65 Barracuda. With offset hangers and 4" backspace they fit. A couple other slight mods also, but that is cause it is an early A.

69 valiant, no tubs, offset shackles, centerline 15X8.5 rims, has bfg ta size 295-50-15 under it. dart wells are a little tighter i think. but 275-60 ought to be do-able. understand, these were not the spring location kit that puts the spring into the frame rails. this set moves them over about .75 per side.
good luck with it, alan

i run them on mine nice fit std springs ,back space must be right.

-
Back