265's in a 65 Cuda, yup it fits

-

Keith Mopar

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I just tried a 265 40R17 on my 65 Cuda, and it fits in the stock wheel well with no rubbing, however I havn't driven the car. I jacked it up on all angles and put a ton of weight in the trunk to get them to make contact with the body but no way. The wheel wells are all stock with the springs moved in and the rear end set back 3/4 of an inch to centre the wheel in the wheel well.
The trick seems to be to get the right offset, my rear rims are +24mm with a 5.95 back space. On the front I have 215 45 17's. Rear rims are 17 X 9, and front 17 X 8.

tire1.jpg

tire2.jpg

tire3.jpg

tire4.jpg

I have never been a fan of modern wheels on an older car BUT yours is the exception. They look awesome!!!

I have never been a fan of modern wheels on an older car BUT yours is the exception.
x2
But those do look good.I think the wide tire makes up for the height making the whole package fit and look good.

Thanks for the comments guys.
I was originally going to go with 16's but I couldn't find the correct back space that I needed, so A body joe told me these were close to 6' back space. They are a good price as well.

17reartire.JPG

looks great man. have any pics with the entire car in it?
Thanks Joe, I don't have any pics of the whole car. It's sitting on jack stands right now as I'm trying to get the headers, engine and trans mocked up. TTI headers, 10.5 bell housing and 390 hp crate 360, I should be done any year now, as it turns out it's not an easy task.
I'm trying to use the original clutch fork and such, no hydraulic clutch. (although I might change my mind)

-
Back