273 adjustable rockers

-

abodyfan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 416 has 273 rockers, I have two rockers the keep backing off. I am going to readjust the rocker for the third time since the engine has been done in July. My question is can I buy new hardware for the my rockers. I am going to add lock-tight to the adjuster nuts to try and get them the rest of the year. I have hydraulic lifters so I should not have to adjust them that much.

Thanks
Brian

You need to get the good Crane adjusters and nuts. Summit sells them. You're going to have to make some small, easy changes. First, you need to run a tap through all the rockers where the original adjusters went. The self locking ability needs to be cut out. Next, you need to spot face the rockers where the adjuster lock nuts will bottom against. This assures a flat surface so the nut will not back off. Very simple to do. If you cannot spot fact the rockers, any machine shop can. It's really minimal and can be done very reasonably.

You need to get the good Crane adjusters and nuts. Summit sells them. You're going to have to make some small, easy changes. First, you need to run a tap through all the rockers where the original adjusters went. The self locking ability needs to be cut out. Next, you need to spot face the rockers where the adjuster lock nuts will bottom against. This assures a flat surface so the nut will not back off. Very simple to do. If you cannot spot fact the rockers, any machine shop can. It's really minimal and can be done very reasonably.

I think the self locking is in the male threads, but I could be wrong. Try screwing the new parts together first, it may save you some time. If not, all as RustyRatRod says. What size 3/8-24?

-
Back