273 Brake Question

-

66FormulaS273

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused, not unusaul. 66 Barracuda Formula S that I bought many years ago out of California has factory power disc, power steering and A/C. None of it worked when I bought the car. Looking at the parts manual and reading a couple of threads and one that zhandful posted, I'm trying to figure out if there was in fact a brake booster check valve on the 66 273 Commando. Of course being a California car it has the C.A.P. package and I don't know if that makes any difference. Here's the parts sheet which shows no check valve on the Keksey Hayes package but shows a 2-way hose connection and a 3-way. Any body have a similar set up that can show me how they hooked it up.

Thanks

Rod

Attachments

• Power Brake Components.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 246
There has to be a check valve for any booster to work properly.

I'm a little confused, not unusaul. 66 Barracuda Formula S that I bought many years ago out of California has factory power disc, power steering and A/C. None of it worked when I bought the car. Looking at the parts manual and reading a couple of threads and one that zhandful posted, I'm trying to figure out if there was in fact a brake booster check valve on the 66 273 Commando. Of course being a California car it has the C.A.P. package and I don't know if that makes any difference. Here's the parts sheet which shows no check valve on the Keksey Hayes package but shows a 2-way hose connection and a 3-way. Any body have a similar set up that can show me how they hooked it up.

Thanks

Rod

Those 7 dashes means there is no part number for that application. Could it be built internally in the hose connection? Just tossing this thought out there. It seems like they were.

Check out my resto thread. There you will see pictures of how the check valve, located between the intake and the brake booster locked like.

-
Back