273 CI

-
Mount brackets are different between 273 and 318.
Early 273 had 3 mount bolt loops on each side as does the 318 but one bolt loop is in a different position on each side of the block.
The 67 only blocks for 273 had all 4 bolt loop positions on both sides so they could be retroactive to both mount sets.
Lon

There are some threads on this site that give directions on how to modify the mount brackets to work early to late, by cutting off one loop on them and welding it back on to interchange them.
Lon

There are some threads on this site that give directions on how to modify the mount brackets to work early to late, by cutting off one loop on them and welding it back on to interchange them.
Lon
Thanks Lon

Mount brackets are different between 273 and 318.
Early 273 had 3 mount bolt loops on each side as does the 318 but one bolt loop is in a different position on each side of the block.
The 67 only blocks for 273 had all 4 bolt loop positions on both sides so they could be retroactive to both mount sets.
Lon

I pulled the engine out if a 65 barracuda yesterday, old guy I got it from told me was original 273 in it. Well once on the ground I see it's a 318. I think a 67 but haven't verified that yet. I'll take the mounts off clean up and post some pics for verification!
Thanks guys !

-
Back