273 Commando PCV valve

-

66Glassback

Reaction score
I have had my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 273 Commando motor rebuilt. I need to replace the PCV valve and this is the only one I can find. It's at Classic Industries and they are asking $140! It's a PCV valve for gods sake. The valve actually unscrews from the housing and comes out to be replaced. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Huh, I once bought one of those at a swap just to get the old-style all-metal PCV out of it for my 67 (which has a different valve cover, without the stack so it doesn't need the outer cover). It was cheap, but I don't think the chrome was very good.

Yes- a lot of their stuff is incredibly expensive. Those free New York City phone book catalogs and fancy buildings all paid for by the parts they sell.

WHAT exactly do you need? Just the PCV valve or the valve and the cover too?

I got that but if you don't want to pay the price for a repo...
Yea… I get that.
What I don’t understand is why people complain about the prices and “yes” classic is expensive. Too expensive if you ask me, but it is a free market. If they don’t sell then the cost will drop. Anyhow. Why do people take on these old Mopars knowing how expensive they are to build with empty pockets? I bought that same set up for my 66 273 Commando engine. All because that chrome was pitted. The original PCV worked fine. It is almost 60 years old. Still worked fine. But I replaced it for vanity reasons. Sold the old one to a friend for $20. Anyhow- everyone is complaining over cost. This hobby is becoming the way of old Volkswagens. Those wanna be hippies won’t spend a dime to restore the cars but want a million dollars when they finally sell. Frustrating. Sorry OP for the rant. Sorry Danas67Dart also. Not picking on you either.

-
Back