273 crank wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The '68-9 273 engine has the same cast crank as the 318. The '67 and earlier have the small pilot flange and are all forged. This only matters on the automatic trans cars. The manual trans cranks all interchange.

I have one in a 65 273 engine. Not sure how to ship it to keep it from warping, but $100 if you need it.
Have you actually had this happen? I've pulled a crank off the shelf after 20+ years of storage and had no problems having it turned. Anyone had a known straight crank get warped just sitting on a shelf or in the short span of being shipped in a box? I've pulled bent cranks out of a block after a bearing failure but I think the storage concern is an old wives tale or have I just been lucky?
Maybe 60+ years ago before they had good alloys it was a problem and the warning just carried forward to the newer forgings without verifying that the problem still exists?

Thanks, Mark

I need a few as well, more than one, 273 or 318 as long as there forged. You can pm to arrange.

Thanks
Mark

Ihave a 1966 273 with a crank in it could remove it ,check it 100.00 plus shipping i am about 350 miles from you call me at 828 297 4685 thanks

i have just taken a complete 273 out of my 67 Dart. I am in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back