273 engine brackets to magnum 360

-

65MagnumFish

65MagnumFish
Reaction score
Searched a bit but couldn’t find the exact question answered do here goes. Can I use 273 engine brackets on my 360 magnum? If so is it the same others have shown moving from a 273 to an la318? I’m a good welder so that wouldn’t be a problem. I was set on Schumacher but seems that’s a dead end.

Searched a bit but couldn’t find the exact question answered do here goes. Can I use 273 engine brackets on my 360 magnum? If so is it the same others have shown moving from a 273 to an la318? I’m a good welder so that wouldn’t be a problem. I was set on Schumacher but seems that’s a dead end.
Yes. You’ll need to add washers as spacers on the drivers side as I recall.

Jake

Yes, I believe it's the same conversion as you would do going from a 273 to a 340 or LA360. One side needs an ear added and the other needs the washers or you can cut the bracket to narrow it and weld it back together. Depending on the block sometimes more than one side needs the extra ear added.

Yes, I believe it's the same conversion as you would do going from a 273 to a 340 or LA360. One side needs an ear added and the other needs the washers or you can cut the bracket to narrow it and weld it back together. Depending on the block sometimes more than one side needs the extra ear added.
Do they need to be from a 65’? I’m putting them in a 65 barracuda. I found 273 brackets local but do the years matter?

Yes, I believe it's the same conversion as you would do going from a 273 to a 340 or LA360. One side needs an ear added and the other needs the washers or you can cut the bracket to narrow it and weld it back together. Depending on the block sometimes more than one side needs the extra ear added.[/QUOTE

Do they need to be from a 65’? I’m putting them in a 65 barracuda. I found 273 brackets local but do the years matter?
To fit correctly, the '64-6 Abody 273 mount brackets work the best. Those are the easy parts, wait till you get into exhaust options!

-
Back