273 Engine intake upgrade turned sour

-
A Manifold thread turns to Cams. I love it. Still have not installed my Isky but I know it will be monster. Was told this should not be annoying with 904 and 3:23s. Will benefit with more stall. The car is just so pleasant to drive as Chrysler intended I am waiting to swap when I can massage the heads. Stock 273-4 except Edelbrock Streetmaster 318, Electronic Ignition (no performance gain over dual point), New Edelbrock 500 cfm.
I'd be interested in knowing how that Streetmaster works for you.
I have one I want to build a mileage engine with

Heard it was designed for RVs. I only have it because the mechanic who rebuilt the engine for my parents nabbed the unique '65 heads and original 4 barrel manifold. It works well for me up to 4000 rpm. That is where the pull starts to fade which I don't like. Must be something else holding the engine back. Can't believe a manifold would fall off like that. A Carter Competition Series 625cfm I ran for a while added noticable power and an additional 500 rpm of pull. To much Carb for a stocker though. Should be a great choice for your application. Member: 69 Cuda 440 wrote a piece on it Dec. 2014. I will give it a chance after my cam change and a 600cfm Holley. You see, I am going for passing power. :)

Funny. The engine builder ground off most of the embossed text on the casting to hide his mischief and painted red and low rise will pass for stock to all except us judges.

No way no how I would go with Comp for anything at the moment.

Ive done the 360 2 barrel cam into 318, ran great.
Look at the specs... 360-2 bbl cam is a dead nuts, identical cam to the comp 252 except the comp claims 0.015 more lift. For 1/3 the price I'll live with the 15 thou less lift.... The ones I have used in such a swap is the melling SPD25. I have one here as we speak, destined for my b body Fury.
The last one I did the 360-2 cam-to-a-318 was an 83 D250. In that one the cam swap was part of a magnum head (EQs) to an LA block swap.
On that one, being as how I had to use magnum rockers, that gave me 1.6 rocker ratio which turned the 0.410 lift if the stock 360-2 cam into a 0.437 lift.
The current one is getting 302 heads instead of EQ magnums, "cuz that's what I have". For how I drive my Fury, it should be as noticeable improvement as it was in my old truck.

My son bought that truck back from my cousin a dozen years after I sold it/, the 318 with it's magnum heads is now in a c body 72 Fury wagon.

Comp has been having the most cam and lifter failures of anyone for a good while, now.

I just checked a set of Howard’s HFT lifters today and I have to say they are the best looking, most consistent set of lifters I‘ve checked in a long, long time.

-
Back