-
Status
Not open for further replies.

neonrt_98

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 273 that was pulled from a 65 Commando car. The short block is a 69 273 replacement block but the heads and everything else were from the 65. I already sold the Commando valve covers and 4bbl intake. Will part it out or sell it as it is. I do have a video of it running before it was pulled.
IMG_20200424_201157.jpg
IMG_20200424_201213.jpg

I also have a complete running 273 which is still in the 65 Barracuda. I have a video of it running also.

Last edited:
I have a 273 that was pulled from a 65 Commando car. The short block is a 69 Chrysler placement block but the heads and everything else were from the 65. I already sold the Commando valve covers and 4bbl intake. Will part it out or sell it as it is. I do have a video of it running before it was pulled.
View attachment 1715515662 View attachment 1715515663

I also have a complete running 273 which is still in the 65 Barracuda. I have a video of it running also.
How much?

Curious...You are saying the short block is a 69 Chrysler? The Commando was produced up until 67...so the 69 short block is a 273 bore? Help me out here.

Back in the day a lot of people had their motors is replaced under warranty before the 5-year warranty ran out. so it appears that someone had the short block replaced in 69 but they used all of the 65 Commando parts on the top. It is a 69 273 short block with the 65 heads and stuff. There is a tag on the front of the short block that's how I know it was replaced by Mopar.

69 was the last year of the 273.

Last edited:
Back in the day a lot of people had their motors is replaced under warranty before the 5-year warranty ran out. so it appears that someone had the short block replaced in 69 but they used all of the 65 Commando parts on the top. It is a 69 273 short block with the 65 heads and stuff. There is a tag on the front of the short block that's how I know it was replaced by Mopar.
If these are replacement short blocks, are they low compression pistons? I have a replacement engine in a 65 barracuda and it had the commando equipment but four valve relief pistons. I verified by bore scope.

If these are replacement short blocks, are they low compression pistons? I have a replacement engine in a 65 barracuda and it had the commando equipment but four valve relief pistons. I verified by bore scope.

Yes it has the low compression pistons. I pulled one of the heads to verify that. All 68-69 273's were low compression.

So what you are saying is...this is a block made in 1969, sold by Chrysler, with a 273 cid bore, with the crank, pistons, cam and heads, from a Commando engine?

So what you are saying is...this is a block made in 1969, sold by Chrysler, with a 273 cid bore, with the crank, pistons, cam and heads, from a Commando engine?

The short block is a regular 273 short block. It has the regular 273 pistons and stuff in the short block but all of the top-end stuff is from the Commando engine. I am not for sure about the cam I was told it had the command cam but I don't know for sure. .

The short block is a regular 273 short block. It has the regular 273 pistons and stuff in the short block but all of the top-end stuff is from the Commando engine. I am not for sure about the cam I was told it had the command cam but I don't know for sure. .
So, basically you're selling a set of '65-273 heads w/adj. rockers, as there is no such thing as "Commando heads"...all the same 2 or 4bbl. The valve covers and intake were the only other things "Commando Top End".

So, basically you're selling a set of '65-273 heads w/adj. rockers, as there is no such thing as "Commando heads"...all the same 2 or 4bbl. The valve covers and intake were the only other things "Commando Top End".
The valve springs were heavier in the 235/273 than in the 180/273 but other than that the heads are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back