273 Hi-Comp Piston Deck Height

-

madmaximum

CA-HWY9 Road Race Rebel
Reaction score
How far below should the piston top be from the Block deck if they are the High Compression Pistons... Should it be Flush?! Mine is at TDC and .060 Below Deck.

It has came to my attention that mine have 4 halve notches like the Low Comp tops. They also have the following Script:
332 NP .030
03-085-10A

Curious if I got the incorrect ones on accident?!?! I just re-installed them too... Have not put on the heads yet. Hmmm Hope they are right!

It really depends on what you call high compression. Some guys are at -0- deck, mine are at +.060 or out of the block flat tops. I haven't fired it yet to see if I need racing fuel with stock x-heads. My son in law runs domes with valve reliefs in his nova 12:1 and it is wicked. Depends on what you want. My .02 on your engine with stock heads, about 9.5 or 10 to 1. I've seen them in a late 70's 360 about 1/4 inch down, probably 8 to 1. But I'm just an old dumb ***. Walt

I am looking for the Ma Mopar specs I guess. I want to know what I have in relationship to what a 67 273 4Barrel came out with...

hi, the 235/273 had a domed piston. the dome was .150 tall, the correct deck heights are; flat part is to be -.011 below thedeck, the dome will be
+.139 abovethe deck.this piston had 2 valve notches. sounds like you have the later 273.180 2 bbl pistons.

This is what my low-compression 273 looked like when I pulled it down .... Hope this helps.

Barracuda 058 (2).jpg

-
Back