-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dust-u

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
looking for the adjustment kit for the 273 rockers I have..I heard they were made by crane...and crane is out of buisness??? anybody have a set for sale

OEM 273 rockers did not have a jam-nut so they don't have a machined flat area for one.
Not sure if anyone makes the OEM "friction" adjusters, or whatever they are called. The aftermarket adjusters made by Crane, Isky and other adjustable rocker manufacturers come with a jam nut. Only problem is that with no machined flat surface, you run the risk of loading the jam nut on a high spot of the casting which can encourage the adjuster to break. The more you torque down the nut, the more it loads the adjuster to the side instead of perpendicular. I remember doing it when I first started and some may be doing it now, but it will be more prone to breakage.

I bought a set of adjusters and jam nuts from mancini racing for adjustable rockers

"Only problem is that with no machined flat surface"

Seems like a simple enough fix to grind a flat spot on top.

"Only problem is that with no machined flat surface"

Seems like a simple enough fix to grind a flat spot on top.

It would be best to jig them up and machine them. If it's not flat and exactly perpendicular to the adjusting screw, a tightened jam nut will want to pull it up and over to one side, encouraging it to snap, instead of pulling straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back