273 rocker arm limits

-

345man2

Reaction score
going to build a street 340 10 to 1 stock ported j's air gap, voodohydralic with 4 speed, how well with the adjustable 273 's hold up and will they be reliazble, turning 6500 or so:glasses7:

going to build a street 340 10 to 1 stock ported j's air gap, voodohydralic with 4 speed, how well with the adjustable 273 's hold up and will they be reliazble, turning 6500 or so:glasses7:
They'll hold up just fine. The only real upgrade would be to a Roller Rocker setup but for what you're doing, the 273s rockers will be just fine.

nhra stockers are or were running 273 rockers over 7000 rpm...

if truth be known there probally more duriable than a lot of the high dollar stuff

That's all they had back in the day. .600 plus lift all day long.

A lot!!! More than you would think, they can take an *** beating..............

what i like to hear that bigger cam my have found a home:D

In the 80's I had a 13:1 comp 340 with a .585 lift cam & Crane triple valve springs. I was pulling 7800 RPM shifts using 273 rockers. I never broke a rocker. (bent many pushrods though)
The only suggestion I have, is to not use the factory style adjusters,(they come loose too easily) Get a good set of lockable adjusters.

Pays to do a search, looking at using 273 adjustables with .495 lift cam. I was starting to get worried the adjustable rockers wouldnt hold up, but it looks like they might. :thumbsup:

I've never seen one broken. And I've seen a pile of um.

-
Back