273 stock push rod length?

-
so...it's settled once and for all.
....7.25" for use with 273 adjustable rockers and hydraulic lifters with stock unaltered heads?

so...it's settled once and for all.
....7.25" for use with 273 adjustable rockers and hydraulic lifters with stock unaltered heads?

You have to take it on a per engine basis...

The crane replacement adjustment studs are a little longer below the rocker to the ball than the stock... You have to consider your whole set-up to determine pushrod length...

comp cams 7821-16 = 7.23" ball to bottom of cup. note - summit lists them as 7.38" overall length

Got a part number? I have to come out of pocket for a second set of pushrods and I want to get it right this time, since I could not really afford the first damn set.
Rob,
Good evening. Please see below for the information. Don is a gratis guy. He also sellsaid the Push rod measurement tool a lot cheaper than anyone else.

Ask for Don
OE Push Rods, Inc.
150 Grand Avenue
Mount Clemens, MI. 48043
Phone: (586) 463-6520
Fax: (586) 463-6211
[email protected]

No part # on the Rods - Just sent Don the picture you created on CAD - Custom Push Rods
$60 for 16 rods - original metal not chrome moly
$12.38 for Shipping

upload_2016-11-20_11-24-56-png.1714991108

Crane Cams 99802-16
Part Number: 271-99802-16

Crane Cams Shaft-Type Rocker Arm Adjusting Screws Chrysler V8 "LA", "B", and 426 Hemi with Locknut

Shaft-Type Rocker Arm Adjusting Screws

· Chrysler V8 "LA", "B", and 426 Hemi with Locknut

· 3/8''-24 Thread

· 5/16'' Ball

· 16/pkg

$44.48 - From Jegs

Rob,
Good evening. Please see below for the information. Don is a gratis guy. He also sellsaid the Push rod measurement tool a lot cheaper than anyone else.

Ask for Don
OE Push Rods, Inc.
150 Grand Avenue
Mount Clemens, MI. 48043
Phone: (586) 463-6520
Fax: (586) 463-6211
[email protected]

No part # on the Rods - Just sent Don the picture you created on CAD - Custom Push Rods
$60 for 16 rods - original metal not chrome moly
$12.38 for Shipping

upload_2016-11-20_11-24-56-png.1714991108

Crane Cams 99802-16
Part Number: 271-99802-16

Crane Cams Shaft-Type Rocker Arm Adjusting Screws Chrysler V8 "LA", "B", and 426 Hemi with Locknut

Shaft-Type Rocker Arm Adjusting Screws

· Chrysler V8 "LA", "B", and 426 Hemi with Locknut

· 3/8''-24 Thread

· 5/16'' Ball

· 16/pkg

$44.48 - From Jegs

Thanks Eddie!! :thumbsup:

You have to take it on a per engine basis...

The crane replacement adjustment studs are a little longer below the rocker to the ball than the stock... You have to consider your whole set-up to determine pushrod length...

...Shouldn't the 7.25" TA pushrods work for 273 adjustable rockers and hydraulic lifters if everything is stock ?

...Shouldn't the 7.25" TA pushrods work for 273 adjustable rockers and hydraulic lifters if everything is stock ?

If you can find the real T/A push rods... But with only 5200 T/A engines built, they may be hard to find. We tried to find them for our build, but couldn't... The problem is that the "tech" guy on the phone would tell us that they were what we wanted, but when they came, they were the same old 7.5" ones that were too long...

We bought a set of them for $80 that were too long...

The we told them what we first calculated and the guy said that they were what we asked for, only to be the same one that we had in the set before, but cost $10 a piece.... Same part, double the price....

After three tries, we just ordered an adjustable push rod, then had our set custom made....

Looking to buy a set of those Mancini 273 look a like adjustable rockers for the 340 with J- heads and I cannot find for the life of me the stock 273 push rod length.

Anyone know for sure? I found a set of stock push rods from Mancic they sell as 7.500" in length but it has been so long I dont want to trust my memory.
Thanks in advance,
Joe
I can't believe how I missed these after all of the damned days of rocker searching I did. I looked at rollers, non rollers etc. then I narrowed it down to adjustable. Which left me to use the 273. Which are getting pricy. In hindsight after seeing your post... I spent about the same for 273 with shipping as the new Mancini. In hind sight... I'd have just bought those instead. And not had a 50 year old part to fail.

An old thread but this may help someone...if your stock 273 adjustable rocker adjusting studs are worn i believe the slant six pieces are the same.If tight, the stock interference fit adjusters will work fine.
If you buy new adjusters with lock nuts you may need to mill the rocker arms to provide a flat mating surface...

You MIGHT be able to shorten them. I experimented with some old ones on the lathe.....turned the crimp (for lack of better) off the end piece, which presses into the PR. But .020? or so? Is that what we are talking? That might be a trick

-
Back