273 to 340 swap

-

m99roadster

Reaction score
My car is a 68 4 door 270 originally a 273 V8. I'm having a shop change out the motor to a 1969 340. They got 340 motor mounts, when they put it in the motor was cocked about an inch forward on the drivers side. They then used the 273 mounts but had to use spacers on the drivers side. Now the engine sits forward about an inch so the transmission mount doesn't line up. Should this motor fit properly in a 4 door with no mods to either the engine or transmission mounts? Are there aftermarket mounts for a direct bolt in?

sounds like they put the motor mounts on the wrong side of the ears. that would give you a rough three quarters of an inch misalignment. keep us posted good luck with the swap

sounds like they put the motor mounts on the wrong side of the ears. that would give you a rough three quarters of an inch misalignment. keep us posted good luck with the swap

Make sure that the motor mounts are on the BACK side of the engine block "ears".

If you have the proper left side motor mount, it should line up with all mounts properly. Only the drivers side (left) mount is different.

you can find motor mounts in here it should slip in with rite mounts whatch for oil pan hitting pull a few #s save some headaches

Thanks everyone, I'll be going to the shop on Monday to see what's going on. How can I tell which K frame I have? Also which motor mount do I use does anyone have a part number?

-
Back