273ci header question

-
i was wondering if a set of hedman headers for 67-78 dodge dart would work on my 64 d/dart 273ci

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hedman/500/78050/10002/-1

probably not. The 67-up cars are a wider chassis so you will most likely run into clearance issues with the steering and/or front frame rails.

If you can weld, its almost worth it to make your own headers, that way you will know how everything is going to clearance. otherwise you are looking at paying big bucks for a set of early-A headers. that is if you don't mind doing the work instead of spending the money.
I think that is the route i am going to have to go with my 64. it has a set of Hedman shorties on it now (which are SUPPOSED to fit early A's) but I had to use the Ford tool (big hammer) and also raise the motor up 3/8" to get clearance around the manual steering box. not pretty at all but its functional.

Good luck with it.

-Tim

No sorry you have to have fenderwells, or TTIS etc and there are a few others for the early A not many though..

I run TTIs. Big $$$ and very hard to install. There is no roon on the 63-66 cars under the hood..

Check out the "Sticky" about the Spitfire HEaders. It's the top lited discussion in the forum. I have the Spitfires installed on my 66 Cuda. They fit tight, but the cost is low.

Lots of us have been watching the Spitfires for a while. They look good
(quality has improved, Harold does a nice job) They fit well (no complaints
about fit), and priced right (Hundreds $$$ cheaper than others). I would seriously give them a try. toolmanmike

probably not. The 67-up cars are a wider chassis so you will most likely run into clearance issues with the steering and/or front frame rails.

If you can weld, its almost worth it to make your own headers, that way you will know how everything is going to clearance. otherwise you are looking at paying big bucks for a set of early-A headers. that is if you don't mind doing the work instead of spending the money.
I think that is the route i am going to have to go with my 64. it has a set of Hedman shorties on it now (which are SUPPOSED to fit early A's) but I had to use the Ford tool (big hammer) and also raise the motor up 3/8" to get clearance around the manual steering box. not pretty at all but its functional.

Good luck with it.

-Tim
How did the right side fit?

I would try the spitfires. Have them on my 66 barracuda they do fit tight but they work excellent. Although I had to fab my collectors they dumped right on top of my torsion bars other than that run 2 1/2 pipe out back with some good mufflers your set.btw I did try the TTI ones lets just say very difficult install. They are on my garage wall waiting for my 340 6barrel build.

Sanderson is making sets now that are real nice and cheaper then most other guys. You have to call for pricing and availability. They are real nice I've seen a pair in person.

-
Back