275/60/15 is a perfect fit

-

matthew robertson

Reaction score
Here’s my follow up to my previous posts about tire sizing and clearance posted on Jan 4th. Upon further inspection my car already had 20 mm spacers in the rear which worked perfect for a 15x8 with 4.5” backspace. It’s a tight fit with the mickey Thompson et streets 275/60/15 but shouldn’t rub much if any at all. About an inch between the tire and leaf spring. Thanks to everyone for the help!

0AEB093F-383D-4E4C-9E25-4620289E33F4.jpeg

E9524D50-08B5-42C7-B72C-1F43B8D4E7D1.jpeg

3B65050D-1FB7-438B-96A3-6080CFB8EE59.jpeg

IMHO, I would put spacers between the axel bump stops and the body so you can't hit the wheel opening lip to the tires.

How much room do you have to the springs?

I would definitely try mounting those up without the spacers and see if you can manage it. I’d rather be closer to the springs than the quarters. And if it’s too close without the spacers you could still evaluate if maybe a 10mm spacer would work. 20mm is a pretty thick spacer and 10mm spacers are pretty cheap.

How much room do you have to the springs?

I would definitely try mounting those up without the spacers and see if you can manage it. I’d rather be closer to the springs than the quarters. And if it’s too close without the spacers you could still evaluate if maybe a 10mm spacer would work. 20mm is a pretty thick spacer and 10mm spacers are pretty cheap.

Yes. One inch is plenty room between the tire and leafs.

Looks like there is zero room between the tire and the quarter panel if it hit a dip in the road.

Try 15mm even then 10 mm spacer. Even little leaf spring rubbing in the worst case scenario doesn't cut a tire and you don't see it.

The sharper outer lip will slice up the outside of a tire pretty good.

Last edited:
Get rid of the spacers! (I have nothing against spacers, I'm using three sets). One inch to the springs is twice (at least) as much as you need. I can barely get a fingertip between my sidewall and spring, and it doesn't rub.
Edit: 20 mm spacers, so 7/8" approx. Get some billet 1/4" spacers, and send it!

Last edited:
I’d ditch the spacers if possible. If the tire rubs on the leaf, find the correct spacer to keep tires ~1/4 inch away.

-
Back