275/60-15 tire suggestions

-
The first problem is the catch 22 of a good gripping long wear long tread life tire. It really doesn’t exist. Since we put some extra power in our cars, there is really no option, just one or the other. A stock 318 should be able to spin street tires.

If your looking for a longer tire life, the higher numerical rating of something like a 400 tread wear, it’s going to be a true regular street tire that will hold no power.

For strictly street driving, I’m running Cooper Cobra’s. (245/60/15) on my ‘79 Magnum w/a 360/4bbl & 3.55’s. The car is a true street, everyday and where anytime car. No crazy driving and mega burnouts.

Ive also driven on but not owned the above Mickey Thompson street tires which I thought were pretty good.

I went with Hankook Ventus tires. Got them from SimpleTire.com Paid just over $200 to my door back in the spring. Put around 500 miles on them this summer. Worked well for my car and my style of driving. Mainly just use the car to go get ice cream on nice days.

I guess they aren't as expensive as I thought they were, about 40 bucks a tire more then they coopers

I just feel like these didn't last me very long

any idea what the difference is between the NIT-180300 and the NIT 180-490?

turns out I wasn't paying attention , the 300 is the one I need, the 490 is a 50 series sidewall

I was quite impressed with their quick response, and clear explanation

I went with Hankook Ventus tires. Got them from SimpleTire.com Paid just over $200 to my door back in the spring. Put around 500 miles on them this summer. Worked well for my car and my style of driving. Mainly just use the car to go get ice cream on nice days.

Good tire for stockers, I have them on my 2014 ram, (had them exchanged from the goodyears when I traded) , also got them on the front of my barracuda--------

The first problem is the catch 22 of a good gripping long wear long tread life tire. It really doesn’t exist. Since we put some extra power in our cars, there is really no option, just one or the other. A stock 318 should be able to spin street tires.

If your looking for a longer tire life, the higher numerical rating of something like a 400 tread wear, it’s going to be a true regular street tire that will hold no power.

For strictly street driving, I’m running Cooper Cobra’s. (245/60/15) on my ‘79 Magnum w/a 360/4bbl & 3.55’s. The car is a true street, everyday and where anytime car. No crazy driving and mega burnouts.

Ive also driven on but not owned the above Mickey Thompson street tires which I thought were pretty good.

Pretty much agree, I don't put a lot of miles on my barracuda, and could care less about leaving black marks or burn outs. I do want it to move forward w/o a bunch of screwing around and looking like a kid when I put my foot in it !

Freakin A brother! I have the Coopers on my driver. There serving well in there proper arena.
On the Barracuda, the Mickey Thompson SR is employed.
Pretty much agree, I don't put a lot of miles on my barracuda, and could care less about leaving black marks or burn outs. I do want it to move forward w/o a bunch of screwing around and looking like a kid when I put my foot in it !

-
Back