275/60 with stock wheel wells?

-

LittleHippie

Reaction score
Who is running a 275/60 in a stock wheel well on a 67-69 Plymouth Valiant??

I was told that a 15x8 with 4.5 backspace will work. Is this true??

I have 275 60 15's on the back of my 73 Dart Sport and they almost rub pretty much everywhere, this is with larger wheel wells than the standard Dart/Valiant ones. I cannot imagine they would fit, maybe someone will come along with more knowledge on this.

Thanks guys, I was afraid that would be the case. I know they fit great if you mini tub. But i do not want to do that to this car. (I did it to my other valiant and it sucked)

I've got 275/60/15s on my 68 Dart with nothing more than a simple 1/2" spring offset. How much smaller are the Valiant wheel wells?

0712151046_zps5ujbxk87.jpg

I've got 275/60/15s on my 68 Dart with nothing more than a simple 1/2" spring offset. How much smaller are the Valiant wheel wells?

Valiant wheel wells should be the same. 275/60/15 should be possible with a 1/2" spring offset, no mini-tub. At least on most cars.

I had 275/60/15's on a previous 67 Valiant with 15x7 with 4" BS and 2" over stock rear springs and they fit ok.

Now that is what i want to hear! haha. Rear wheel well should be about the same on dart and Valiant. Im pretty sure front fender opening is lower on a valiant though. (but that doesn't matter for my question).

Do you know what the backspace is on those wheels??

Now that is what i want to hear! haha. Rear wheel well should be about the same on dart and Valiant. Im pretty sure front fender opening is lower on a valiant though. (but that doesn't matter for my question).

The front fender opening is different, but it doesn't change the clearance much. I had to do pretty much all of the same things to my Dart fenders to clear my front tires as I did to the original Duster fenders (I turned my duster into a demon tribute car). Just FYI, I know it doesn't relate to the rear tires at all. ;)

I had Wheel Vintiques make custom offset steel wheels for me. I wanna say they were 4.75" BS, but I can double check tonight when I get home. Keep in mind every car is slightly different so what worked for my car may not work on another. There are just way too many variables. You just have to be diligent in your measurements and see what you're actually working with. Don't take what you read on the internet as gospel.

You have to nail the bs on the wheels. A little massaging on the tubs doesnt hurt either for driveway entering.

I am running 275/60/15s on my 71 Dart, I would imagine the wheel wells are pretty similar. Had wheel vintiques make me 15x8s with 5 inches of backspace. Used the MP offset shackle kit and still had to roll the outer lips.

It takes some work to do it but now mine are perfect with no rubbing.

Attachments

• Dart.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Dart 2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 180
Oh and I also moved my rear end back about 1/2 inch for clearance to the front of the wheel opening. Would barely rub at the top of the quarter mile with the tire ballooned out.

-
Back