2800 lb super stock spring question

-

Dirty 340

Reaction score
ordered a set of super stock springs (2800 lb) from summit (p4120863/864). Going on a relatively stock 70 340-4 speed swinger. Car weighs around 3100 pounds- will this be an issue, will I have to return them for the 3200 lb springs?? Also tech said that the spring shackle has to be moved forward as the spring is shorter-is this true. Not a big deal more worried about the weight issue. Thanks for the input!!

mine bolted in with no issues and settled with a slight rake to the rear still in my 67 v8 valiant.

All super stocks are A body length, you only need the extended hanger if there not going on an A

Don't worry about the spring rate to much if your not racing. Since there rated at certain weights, FOR RACING, then you will want to pay attention.

The tech that told you need a thing for the spring shackle, has no idea that ALL the S/S Springs are "A" body length. The front eye of the spring needs a longer front spring hanger for most all other cars. NOT for our "A" body cars.

The 2800lbs spring will be fine.
Remember, although you car weighs 3100lbs most of its weight is going to be in the front.
Now for racing and constant hard launches that might be a different story.

-
Back