295-50R15 Radial T/A on 15x10 Rallye

-

1BAD72

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone already tried this and can share some first hand info. I have a 72 Duster. I presently have 275/R60-15 Goodrich T/A on 8" Rallye wheels. Leafs were relocated and I'm not concerned with clearance for the leafs. The present wheel tire combo fits fine. See pic.
I am thinking of now going with 295/R50-15 on 15x10 wheels. Not sure I like a smaller diameter tire than what I've got and not into a lot of wheel well showing or the rim/tire being past the wheel well lip. While the 295 is wider than the 275 it is also about 1.5 inches smaller in diameter.
First off, will a 295 on a 10 wide wheel even fit without any tub mods? The 10" Rallye wheel has 5" backspace. Will the rim or tire stick out past the wheelwell? Thanks
20181217_171352.jpg

I'm hoping someone already tried this and can share some first hand info. I have a 72 Duster. I presently have 275/R60-15 Goodrich T/A on 8" Rallye wheels. Leafs were relocated and I'm not concerned with clearance for the leafs. The present wheel tire combo fits fine. See pic.
I am thinking of now going with 295/R50-15 on 15x10 wheels. Not sure I like a smaller diameter tire than what I've got and not into a lot of wheel well showing or the rim/tire being past the wheel well lip. While the 295 is wider than the 275 it is also about 1.5 inches smaller in diameter.
First off, will a 295 on a 10 wide wheel even fit without any tub mods? The 10" Rallye wheel has 5" backspace. Will the rim or tire stick out past the wheelwell? Thanks
View attachment 1715264231
I see a few past posts on this subject. Looks like the 10" wheels will stick out past the wheel well. Deal breaker.

Don't know if your tire/wheel combination will fit but I have a 325/60/15 on a 10" rim on mine. The rear is narrowed some and mini tubed

20181220_062147.jpg

Your Duster and my 68 Barracuda share the same tubs.
295s on 10s work real good at 24psi.
But you'll need about 6 inches of bs to make it work. I narrowed my rear about 1.5 per side, so I could fit a standard 15x10, 4.5bs. Now I can run almost any catalog wheel.
My car is lowered as well, the springs having very little arch.
325s fit in there with some inner tub adjustments and a bit of lip rolling. At my ride height tho, aggressive cornering is out, while the 295s don't care..
I don't know if the spiders can be moved to ~6"bs in the 10" Rally Wheels, but I should think so.
In my case,I already had the C-body rear end, so for me it was a no-brainer to narrow it and it was cheaper than buying new wheels. I narrowed it to the max, to still be able to fit the U-bolts between the bearing houses and the springs, at their new locations with offset hangers. So when I say narrowed 1.5" per side, I am guessing a bit. That means the 6" BS is also a guess. Measure twice cut once.

Last edited:
[
I see a few past posts on this subject. Looks like the 10" wheels will stick out past the wheel well. Deal breaker.

You can fit more wheel and tire under that car without going outside the wheel well. Mine has a relocation kit and I run 11.25 wheels.

I have seen this in person and have taken a measuring tape to it. Stock duster with no mods. 15x10 pro stars with a 5.5" BS and a 28x10.5x15 MT et drag slick fits with no mods. You need the 5.5 " bs if you run a 10" wheel.

-
Back