2bbl to offy dual port questions....

-
Wow! You changed your intake in three minutes....

Looks good!

Now tune it in and see how it runs...

I have the same intake in my garage just waiting to be put on, let me know how it works.

Ok got it idling really well and primaries are ok at lower rpm. But my secondaries are not opening. Which is restricting my rpm's.

Any tips?

Keep in mind that RPM opens the secondaries, not the other way around. How do you know they're not opening?

Check the normal stuff like mechanical advance, exhaust flow, valve springs etc...

An otherwise stock 318 with stock cam, converter and 2.76 gears probably will never move enough air to completely open those secondaries anyhow.

How many degrees should it be? Ballpark?

My timing light tells 8 degrees advance at idle

Ok got it idling really well and primaries are ok at lower rpm. But my secondaries are not opening. Which is restricting my rpm's.

Any tips?

Are they not opening because the butterfly's hit something, or are they just not opening.

If there is no interference with the secondary throttle blades, then try putting the short yellow vacuum secondary spring in the vacuum secondary pod. It will let the secondaries open sooner at a lower RPM.

How many degrees should it be? Ballpark?

My timing light tells 8 degrees advance at idle

But does the advance work? If you only had 8 degrees at 2500 RPM it would be more than a bit doggy.

Rev it up with the timing light (vacuum advance disconnected). The mark should move off the scale and then come back to where it was. You'll want about 34 degrees total mechanical, but if the mark moves 1 1/2 inches or so you should be somewhat close.

Also as stated above cycle the primaries and secondaries by hand (with engine off open the primaries all the way and then open the secondaries by lifting the link on the bottom of the dashpot with your finger. They should move freely, and when you close the primaries, they should force the secondaries closed. Also make sure when you floor the gas pedal the carb and transmission are getting full throttle. Hooking up a 4bbl with 2bbl linkage can require some creative tweaking to get everything to work.

Lol I just realized that my timing is 8 degrees after tdc, I think I better change that first lol

Talk about a retarded move!

I'll check the secondaries manually to see if they are stuck or blocked.

Since some has mentioned that a 318 won't pull enough air to open the secondaries, would it be wise to cap off some of my vacuum options like the brake booster?

Since some has mentioned that a 318 won't pull enough air to open the secondaries, would it be wise to cap off some of my vacuum options like the brake booster?

Sure, why not!! If capping any of these items makes ANY difference at all they are broken and should be replaced.

Even if you needed the secondaries to be open when you're pressing hard on the brake pedal, a properly functioning booster would let it happen. If only briefly.

Well? How do you like the intake? I have the same one and I am going to put it on my truck soon. I got a carter AFB 600 four barrel also.

Well? How do you like the intake? I have the same one and I am going to put it on my truck soon. I got a eddy 600 four barrel also.

It will go nicely on your truck.

Where in IL are you? I'm southwest burbs of Chicago.

How about some pictures of yours? I need to know what I will need for my tranny linkage and my throttle cable.

Well, tonight is the night I am putting the intake and 4 barrel carb on, I hope it works out good.

Got the intake and the carb on, I like it, more throttle response, just seams to run better. Its not a race truck but it is faster.

-
Back