2K Primers

-

Purple Haze

Reaction score
Looking for some info on 2K primers, which one's are good not to expensive and are compatible with PPG Deltron 2000 base clear paint.

Look into SPI. I have switched from PPG to SPI and will not go back. The prices are great and the product is top notch. I have had absolutely no problems with compatibilty with any top coat I have used over it. It builds great, sands extremely well, levels quickly, and there is far less shrinkage than PPG's K38. Not to mention if you have a question you will get answers from someone who knows the product line, not some guy that thinks he is an expert body guy at the counter who has never used any of the product in the real world. Now the only draw back is that they are only avaliable through the net from their web site, but still cheaper with shipping than PPG, Dupont, and many others. I have used it with RM, PPG, Dupont, Kirker,and Sherwin WillIams without any issues. Just a note though is that you will still need to seal any primer before applying your top coats.

http://www.southernpolyurethanes.com

Good luck and keep us posted.

A follow up to that is that I have also quit using PPG clears for too many reasons to list here, and have switched to the SPI clears. Their clears are great! No yellow tinge, high solids and it is crystal clear. It also cuts and buffs very well and does not exhibit any of the things that the PPG stuff did, making my decision to switch validated every time I use it.

try ACME Finish1 got it from Sherwin Williams, was turned onto it from a friend you does body work. not expensive and works great.

If you are looking to stay with PPG NCP270 is a good filling, sanding primer surfacer. It is corrosion resistant too.... some surface primers are not so putting them over bare metal isn't an option. You can put NCP over anything.

-
Back