2nd Annual Chryslers in the Canyon Saturday, October 16, 2010

-

TexasStroker

Reaction score
This is coming up fast! We wanted to give everyone ample time to make plans as this is one event you do not want to miss!

We do things a little different than your typical show/event. We start with the notion that fun should be the focus. We believe that fun at a Mopar event means that you drive your Mopar, show your Mopar, and meet other Mopar fanatics. That is the set-up we have for Chryslers in the Canyon.

We also belive that fun is in a direct relationship with free. This event is FREE. You do have a $2 park admission fee, but that is the reduced group rate and well worth the price. You will agree with me when you caravan down into the nation's 2nd largest canyon surrounded by nothing but Mopars.

We have a professional photographer who will be set-up to take pics of you cruising in your A-body as you descend into the canyon. Once in we will even have bbq on tap, and yes, it is free. We have awards to boot.

The real icing on the cake is simply having all of this in one event. You have the cruise, the photos, the show, the bench racing, the awards, and time afterwards to set up your own photo shoot with you and your A-body.

About the only other way we can improve this event is to have MoMopars! We cordially invite you to join us. If you are interested in going reply here, PM me, send an e-mail, or sign up on our site. If we can get an accurate head count for hotels for those of you out-of-towners coming in we can even swing a group rate discount there.

If you have any questions feel free to ask...hope to see some of you this October!

ChryslersintheCanyon2010.jpg

It will be here before we know it. Hope to see a lot the A bodies show up at the event. You can not ask for a more scenic place to have an event

Artwork on the dash plaques, awards, and shirt design should be in today.

We have a few new developments as well...

The park is going to open a "2nd gate" for us so we will breeze in and out without delay.

We once again have Della lined up to snap some breathaking shots of your A-body as you descend into the canyon.

We will have water and bbq brisket with buns and tortillas ready to go...all provided free of charge.

We are going to be doing t-shirts so if you plan to attend or just want a shirt let me know. Prices should be finalized in the next couple of days.

This is the best little all Mopar show you can attend. It is the lowest price and in one of the best settings. We are confident you will have a good time and bookmark Chryslers in the Canyon for your next year's plans!

I have a chrysler crossfire and was wondering if I could join you guy at the canyon on the 16th?

Absolutely! We set AAM up to be free to any Mopar of any era. We would love to have you. You should be able to get some great shots of the Crossfire in the canyon 8)

Are you out of Amarillo or coming in from out-of-town? I have to ask to keep track of who wins the Long Hauler Award, lol.

Absolutely! We set AAM up to be free to any Mopar of any era. We would love to have you. You should be able to get some great shots of the Crossfire in the canyon 8)

Are you out of Amarillo or coming in from out-of-town? I have to ask to keep track of who wins the Long Hauler Award, lol.

I am from Amarillo so I don't have far to go, looking forward to coming. thanks for responding and looking forward to meeting everyone!

I live in Amarillo so I don't have far to go, looking forward to going!

It'll be great to have you there...we should have quite a few A-bodies in attendance and there are a lot of out-of-towners rolling into the area...should be a great time for you to make your first AAM event! 8)

If anyone is coming, please let me know. We have t-shirts available and if you would like one let me know the quantity and size so I can get it added to the order.

We had quite a few A-bodies last year and this year will be no different.

Here are a few you might see:

66 Barracuda
68 Barracuda 408 Red
69 Barracuda 340
71 Demon 340 B5
71 Demon 340 Green
72 Duster /6
73 Duster /6 Yellow
74 Duster 408 White/Black
74 Gold Duster
75 Snowplow Duster 440+6 or 440+8

There's ten and lunch is almost over...definitely something you do not want to miss!

The artwork is looking pretty cool for the shirts! Hope you get some updated proofs to post. Fired the generator today just in case we dont get access to 110v for the sound system. May have to bring some sausages to grill too...
l_68a8834ff93a4156a1439b7d88348401.jpg

The Artwork for the T-Shirts is done! We will have brisket for about 100 people and grills going to cook what you bring! If you wanna bring bread or buns or sides that would be great! Here is what the shirts will look like on one side.
ChryslersintheCanyon2010ArtworkFinal.jpg

Cost will be $15 or less not sure if we will have kid sizes yet. If you want a shirt pease PM TexasStroker!Here's a map I borrowed from the musical drama's site.. The meeting place for the cruise down is right on the east side of Canyon in the parking lot of the University's Events Center. This is the intersection of Russell Long Blvd and E 4th Ave. If you want to join in the cruise down as a group be there at 11:30 AM. Canyon Texas is the town, Palo Duro Canyon is the state park.
map_big.gif

2 Days...this is going to be awesome! Got a confirmation on the 71 Demon...one of the nicest you'll see!

Basically 9.5 hrs out...hope to see some new A-bodies in the mix. mguner will be using mutliple drivers to help get some of his A-fleet out, including the 68 2dr post!

If I had the time off of work and some extra cash, I would have drove out there from North Carolina to be there. looks like a beautiful area for a show/cruise. Sorry I could not be there, maybe next year??

We'd be glad to have you! Bet you'd win the Long Hauler award too! That also came with a $50 gas card this year, maybe more next year!8)

-
Back