2spd auto 67 Cuda

-
No such thing. You probably have a bad tranny and with it being a 273, a 904 backing it. Yes a transmission from a 360 with bolt to a 273 just know that the converters will be different and the one backing the 360 will more than likely be a 727.

Sounds like the trans is cooked internally. High gear is usually the first to go and it will slip in reverse. Just my thoughts from years ago when I cooked one due to not knowing about kickdown linkage. I was young and dumb, and it cost me money. LOL

Also if your looking to swap transmissions your 67 273 will have the small converter hub on the crank compared to the 68 and up large hub so the newer converter wont fit on your crank and the old converter wont work in the newer transmission either.

powerflite

That's the only one I know that Mopar made and I believe it was a heavy cast iron trans. My guess is what the others said about it being a cooked 3 speed unit that only had 2 working gears. If the front clutch is cooked it'll only have 1st and 2nd and reverse will either slip bad or not work at all.

Keep this in mind when swapping newer than 67 parts onto a 67 or older, the converter snout is a different diameter. You can use the 67 trans. with the newer 360 but you need an adapter ring to go on the converter so it fits the crankshaft pilot properly. If you don't you risk breaking the flexplate, torque converter, or input shaft, or any combination of them. Since it sounds like the trans. is smoked I'd try to find a newer unit (68 or newer) that'll bolt up to the newer 360.

Shift piston seal is cracked/ leaking in the front clutch/ steel set. No piston pressure = No clutch to steel engage. Bad clutch discs and steels will engage, but they slip. If this has nothing, you've got no seal on the piston.

-
Back