2X4 LP manifold

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
Maybe someone out there knows the answer to this....while window shopping for carb/manifold combos, I noticed a curious thing.....nobody makes a low-profile dual quad manifold for the 340 (like the factory hemi 2X4), with the exception of Offenhauser's very old classic 2X4 design (which will ONLY take 2 AFB's-not even Holleys sideways) The Summit catalogs have brand new design 2X4 LP manifolds for Ford, Chevy and Pontiac SB's as well as others...Why no Mopar? Do SB Mopars not respond well to this type of design? There are certainly enough of them out there to justify a production run. Maybe they know something I don't? Also, the ONLY manufacturer to offer a 2X4 tunnel ram set up was Weiand. What gives?

The same old thing, they'll make'em for the popular engines first that should at least turn a profit on selling such an item. More owners of brand C and current F engines than older MoPars out there.
Just be glad you don't own a Caddy, Buick or Oldsmobile and wait for these things.

MoPar used to have and still should have a drag race tunnel ram intake in a 2 X 4 set up. For both standard heads and W-2 and 5's.
Years ago, Edelbrock made a low rise 2 X 4 intake for the S/B I believe.

I guess that's a given, seeing as how nobody else had any other comments; I guess I'm resigned to the early Offy 2X4 with AFBs, Weiand tunnel ram, six pack or single quad. Anybody got dyno run sheets on any of these combos?

:glasses6: Hey Cap'n. You might try watching E-Bay. I just got an Edelbrock,2x4 tunnel ram (never mounted),and also a Weiand tunnel ram linkage kit (brand new) from there. Both very reasonable. They had another tunnel ram listed at the same time,plus a Edelbrock six pack intake just went through. You never know what may show up there. Good luck. Dave :thumbup:

-
Back