3.0 engine swap

-
well im not going to bash ur car man not my thing but still would like to see it when ur done tho any i see ur new here so hi and u mite get some ribbing on that thing lol

Marty:

That is a cool swap. I understand that in OZ you would have a heck of a time finding the parts to put a shell like that back on the road any other way. You still have room for a couple of T25's and the intercoolers too!

Like I said I would have considered a swap if I found a roller with the rest of what I wanted intact. I got lucky. And yes I would probably put the "VOMIT" trim on a ford swap just because.

I am not a purist. Heck I caught it here for saying I would use a 9 inch rear end before I would pay the stupid prices the locals want for an 8.75 core. Yet some of the same people here will tell you to swap an alternator for a toyota part.

Now, Lucy - why don't you go take some Midol. Putting that particular piece of harbor bomber scrap in something narrow like an early A body is a bad idea.

You asked "...curious to see what or if any of you had thought about it". Several people have told you what they think. Then you act like a spoiled little girl when the solicited opinion does not match your own.

B.

technically, i asked if anyone had done it, planned on doing it, or thought about doing it. But hey, whatever. If you dont like it, click the ignore button.

Help me out here, what am I reading?

Lucy.jpg

Did I misquote you?

B.

i stand corrected, and do apologize. I'm quite willing to say that I misquotes myself esentially. The point I'm trying to once again make is this. Yes opinions differ, but instead of stating facts, theres a lot of trash talking i.e."vomit" Not sure if your aware, but the barracuda you seem so fond of is a valiant with a giant back glass. Either way, this thread is once again getting off topic and turning in to yet another WWW.trainwreck.

Yeah had bit of a ribbing about it but Mopar parts are big dollars here and fuel is over $6 a gallon so the little V6 makes sence. Standard they produce just on 270hp and with good exhaust cold air intake and remapping 300hp will still give 30mpg on the highway. Here's a few photo's of the project so far.

As you can see all I got was a body!
View attachment 3.jpg
Flat firewall, with inner gaurd covers to come.

View attachment 2.jpg
Foam work prior to fibre glassing, Dakota digital VHX gauges being used.

View attachment 1.jpg
68 Barracuda style reproduction filler with a recess I bought ex US

View attachment 4.jpg

Its going to look and run great when finished. That's my favorite body style of the a bodys.

Yeah had bit of a ribbing about it but Mopar parts are big dollars here and fuel is over $6 a gallon so the little V6 makes sence. Standard they produce just on 270hp and with good exhaust cold air intake and remapping 300hp will still give 30mpg on the highway. Here's a few photo's of the project so far.

View attachment 253003

View attachment 253004

View attachment 253005

View attachment 253006

I like it. Do you have a build thread in the members restoration forums?

Nice work Marty. Should be a lot of fun to drive.

I imagine the "backwards" parts for the mopars are even more rare. I kept a RHD car here in the states for a few years, always made people do a double take.

Six bucks a gallon. Sure no place to own a pair of slobbering rich holleys. Yet another reason to go turbo, get back as much energy as you can.

Keep us posted on the progress for sure.

B.

I had a 92ish Diamante, same motor that was in a 90-94 MightyMax V6 pickup. 25 mpg highway, 175HP/185 ft/lbs at the wheels, couldnt even tell it was idling it was so smooth. Very reliable until the $700 distributor went out, but it was a $50 part at the boneyard. Good power, and torque in a 3600 lb luxo car, would be pretty good in a 3100 "A" with no carb stink. Get the DOHC version and you got 225HP and the TT version got 300. Drop the V6 MightyMax drivetrain in and tell every Moparite its a 93 Dodge Stealth motor. Save an old Mopar. Just get the Dodge branded intake. Go for it.

View attachment 253003

View attachment 253004

View attachment 253005

View attachment 253006

when will we see your build thread?

Hi all,

thread coming soon, to busy working on the car!

Also had a friend request, I tried to accept it but can't get the thing to work. Just PM me if you have any questions

Marty

Hi all,

thread coming soon, to busy working on the car!

Also had a friend request, I tried to accept it but can't get the thing to work. Just PM me if you have any questions

Marty

Check the little box in the top left corner and click accept,I had the same problem when I first joined.

-
Back