3.0 engine swap

-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
Have any of you ever thought of doing a 3.0 V6 engine swap out of a 3000GT VR4 turbo to an A-Body? Is there a RWD transmission to allow such adaptation even? This was just one of those random thought that come to mind and was curious to see what or if any of you had thought about it.

It's a transverse mounted motor, you'd be looking at basically %100 custom everything to get it mounted up, plus it's a terrifying complex and unreliable motor set up. I would say there are about a 1000 better and just as odd ball swaps one could do that would be more successful then the mitsu motor, toyota 1uzfe or 1jzgte maybe? I do love random engine swaps though.

It's a transverse mounted motor, you'd be looking at basically %100 custom everything to get it mounted up, plus it's a terrifying complex and unreliable motor set up. I would say there are about a 1000 better and just as odd ball swaps one could do that would be more successful then the mitsu motor, toyota 1uzfe or 1jzgte maybe? I do love random engine swaps though.

True, but I couldn't bring myself to put a toyota motor in anything but a ford. I'm just not a fan. There good engines though. This was just me satisfying curiosity. Lol:blob:

ive been waiting to see a new chrysler v6( 305 hp in new challengers) into an a body. i havent seen any info on this yet. would be interesting.

not the 3000gt vr4, but the mitsu 2.0 dohc 4 cyl turboed packs a powerful punch!, they also are transversed, but you can buy a adapter plate and put it in an a-body, with a chebby trans, or even a rx7 trans. there are some running in the 9's setup like this. (not in the a-body)

Somewhere out there in www land was a picture of a 67? Barracuda that someone morphed an entire front wheel drive unit, inner fenders, struts 'n all.

"It wasn't pretty"

Oh, here it is, NOW:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a1n29r6tu0suhhkn3vtunm3to0&/topic,17746.0.html
=====================================================
68 CUDA BARRACUDA FASTBACK CUSTOM - $4000

68 Barracuda fastback,great daily driver with 85 Mazda front wheel drive.This car was cut up to become a race car but two different owners couldn't make it happen.We got the car with no floor or firewall and many other parts missing.This combination took us about a year of spare time to complete.The car drives good but still needs some finishing.The motor is a 2.0 litre 4 cyl with fuel injection and an overdrive 5 speed.The clutch is starting to slip and it needs new front struts and a headliner to be done.Don't miss out on this eyecatcher.Took 3rd place in open class at Graham Mopar show.Must sell so all offers considered.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

*cries* that poor cuda. Discharger- have you ever changed the plugs on a 3.5? The damn intake has to come off to get to 3-5? Spark plugs....

Yea. i think i did too when i saw it.

Thanks Rapidtransitric, thats some pretty neat stuff. now i just need to find someone that has one in an a-body

The mitsu 3.0 (either SOHC or DOHC, same trans pattern) came in a rear wheel drive mighty max mini truck, perfect for a transplant. I was seriously contemplating a 1UZFE Lexus 4.0 V8 into my barracuda, but didnt want EFI and there was no EZ way to get the ignition off the 'puter. The "cross ram" intake would be a shoe in for a carb up top.

Its not a matter of power. If I wanted power I would just hop in my uncles big block pontiac and eat your hemi's lunch.... So take your v8 chat elsewere

The good news is there is enough text from Valiant & Plymouth lettering to make a nice piece of trim for it...

Its not a matter of power. If I wanted power I would just hop in my uncles big block pontiac and eat your hemi's lunch.... So take your v8 chat elsewere
ummmm bro i think it was a joke i dont think he was being a dick but what do i know lol

Have any of you ever thought of doing a 3.0 V6 engine swap out of a 3000GT VR4 turbo to an A-Body? Is there a RWD transmission to allow such adaptation even? This was just one of those random thought that come to mind and was curious to see what or if any of you had thought about it.

Haha i have a friend, Eric, who did the exact opposite, He put a supercharged 440 in a 95 3000GT VR-4, and dubbed it VR440. Awesome car and he used the stock rear diff from the vr4s all wheel drive and it holds the 800+ Horsepower, but he had to up the front suspension haha. If u do your idea you have to post video, Good luck bro it will be an adventure.

i've got a 3.0L in my 01' stratus coupe, oops i mean Mitsubishi eclipse... I can't stand the thing, every single one I've heard has an awful valve chatter, and it's 8 hours to change plugs and wires:wack:

its not something I would do, but if its been all hacked up and near junk yard material, I would rather see someone make something interesting out of it then scrap it!
well ya i just cant see doing it but i guess u gotta do what u gotta do lol

-
Back