3.0 engine swap

-
Mits used the same engines in the Triton's, Challenger's and Pajero's....all are RWD/4WD.
The 2WD Triton utes were only 4 bangers, having either the 2.6 or the later 2.4, in the petrols, or a 2.5(4D56) or 2.8(4M40) in the diesels.

Its not a matter of power. If I wanted power I would just hop in my uncles big block pontiac and eat your hemi's lunch.... So take your v8 chat elsewere

OOOOOH! Smack talk! Lol,and backing it up with a pontiac...:thumbdow: Just be prepared to eat crow,as I have seen MANY street hemi's make 800 h.p.

You dont want to even challenge a race hemi. Thats just a bad idea..

why not make it all wheel drive, that would be different.

OOOOOH! Smack talk! Lol,and backing it up with a pontiac...:thumbdow: Just be prepared to eat crow,as I have seen MANY street hemi's make 800 h.p.

lmao he told u chuck

The 55 don't run alcohol for nothin. Besides, I didn't start this thread for v8 junkies to start boasting power. There's no challenge in making power from a V8. Making a car run that fast with a smaller motor is way more fun! : )

JLP- that's the whole idea

Rapidtransitric- do it to it man! :toothy7:

I have done plenty of engine swaps, I just don't see why you would want that V6 harbor bomber POS crammed into an early A engine bay.

If you want "smaller & still powerful" use a heavily boosted 2.3L ford. Take several hundred pounds off the front end, and give yourself room to work.

If the A body I was looking for had been equipped with a tired /6 I probably would have done a swap of some sort too... but the last guy spent the money & time to put a decent +.060 318 & a 727 in the car already. Always fun to tell the Mopar guys I have a "327"...

FYI, "Valliant" + "Plymouth" - (a few letters) = VOMIT. Which would be appropriate for any mister-bitchy transplant.

B.

Then don't comment on the thread. Its no different than doing the 3.9 swap you were gonna do. All you damn "hater" can keep your negativity to yourselves or kiss my ***.
: )

Then don't comment on the thread. Its no different than doing the 3.9 swap you were gonna do. All you damn "hater" can keep your negativity to yourselves or kiss my ***.

Hey Chuckie
smiliebiteme.gif
1231_hysterically_laughing.gif
showthread.php

ok son u want to get pi$$y dude u posted on a public thing not privite thing if u dont like what there saying u cant just tell them to get out u keep saying stuff like that u will not be here long they will ban u from here so rave on cat sh##

don't see why you would post on a mopar forum boasting about how a big block pontiac would beat a hemi and then not be able to take the outcome from it.... oh and this is how that race would work out...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGFRR7grLjY"]‪1974 Trans Am 455 vs 1969 GTX HEMI‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NglpAf4lXzQ&feature=related"]‪1968 Hemi Road Runner vs 1971 Trans Am‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlGI-fmjnOc&feature=related"]‪1970 Chevelle SS vs 1968 Charger R/T‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

hay chuck dont bite the hand that feeds u son if u dont like it when mopar guys talk sell me back that val and go buy u a chevy

I don't mind the outcome. Its the fact that I posted this thread for simple open minded curiosity and people are getting bent out of shape about it and getting all bitchy when I tell them to keep there negativity to themselves. If the thought og a 3.0 in an a body didn't strike the curiosity cord in your mind, you woulnt click the link. If its a thought you don't like, then why comment? I posted this to talk to others that like the thought. If a person only likes v8's then they should avoid threads that pertain to engines smaller than such. If a person doesn't like /6's then they should avoid threads that pertain to engines other than such. Its an easy way to keep **** talking to a minimum. I like ?v8's and slant six's and I especially love pontiacs. I'm not fond of the fwd cuda, but I'm not going to visit that thread he started and say that its a shitty swap. I'm not mad, pissy or otherwise. I'm simply saying. Don't ruin the thread for others just because you don't like it. I like the 3.0 and that's my opinion, so I posted a thread to attrack others to feel the same way. If a person doesn't like something I do with my automobile, oh well. Just don't burst everyones bubble because your opinions differ

opinions is what ur getting take it good or bad son that what is all bout what u mint for it and what ur going to get are two diff things

Dude, if someone in this thread gets pissed off they can do the same thing I do. Go read a good joke and get the fluck over it. Don't get me wrong, I'm open to opinions. I just don't want a bunch of closed minded negativity. I didn't ask what someone thought about it. I asked for people to sound off that thought about or have already done the swap. Either way. I don't have any hard feelings and hope nobody else does.

i dont i just hate to see that car hacked up do it wit some thing that would never see the streets agin

I'm not doing the swap. I was just curious to see who has. Lol everyone thinks I'm doing it for some reasone

I purchased a 62 Plymouth Valiant as a rolling shell and yes it had been for sale for years and would have ended up at the crusher. I have opted for a non Mopar engine swap that will offend some but the practicality of it was the appeal, a 3.6Lt V6 with 5 speed auto. While it's a GM product it is sold as a world engine, which means any manufacturer can purchase and brand it as thier own. Todate it's branded as Holden (Austrian GM) Chev,Cadillac, Pontiac, Alfa Romao, and Suzuki. Who knows one day maybe even Chrysler.

View attachment 001.jpg

OK I think this worked this time! Can't find my other pictures if the trial fit up but this will give you the idea. I was going to use the older GM supercharged engine but the rego guys said it was 41cc's to large!! So I'm going to use the quad cam engine and being 3.6Lt instead of the older engines 3.8Lt I can supercharge it later. This engine gives me 330pound saving over my mates 318 powered 62 and produces the save output before the supercharger!
Not Mopar but a lot of fun in a light car.
Marty

-
Back