3.23 gears now available new..

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
I just noticed a write-up/ad in one of the recent Mopar mags. That is my favorit big block street gear ratio.

I just noticed a write-up/ad in one of the recent Mopar mags. That is my favorit big block street gear ratio.

Yeah, all winter I was like, gee I like to find a 3.21 rear end to replace my 3.91 rear--it works great and don't want to mess around with it. Yet first time I drove the car around here the 3.91 gear feels just right. The way home from the storage place in Detroit I still went 80 + mph...its got decent mufflers on both pipes-I run 2 high flow mufflers on each pipe to hush it down.

On paper 3.91's seem too much but my real world driving the 340 really likes it. Now gas mileage, lol

Last year, mancini had a stock-pile of NOS 3.23 10-Spline 489 R&P that he bought in bulk. They were supposedly "take-out's" from chrysler's gas-crisis descision to switch to the 2.94 as the new daily-driver gear in 1971.

That's the gear I wanted, and they were truly "new" gears as promised... I paid friggin $220 for a set.

-
Back