3.55 ring & pinion

-
I wouldn't waste the time on a 8.25 to be honest.Look for a 8 3/4 rear.
Jim

Why not? An 8.25 is almost as strong as the 8.75 and was the heavy duty replacement for the 8.75 in A-bodies. If your engine is less than 450 HP and you aren't planning hard launches with a stick & slicks it is more than up to the task.

FWIW, I rebuilt my 8.25 with 3.55 Yukon gears about 35K miles ago. They have been quiet from day one.

I had a set of yukon gears from randy's in my big block demon. It was a 410 suregrip and they were quiet.

I took the Duster on a 160 mile round trip this weekend. Met up with some fellow gearheads in Lake Wales who have each done several rear end set ups. We took it for a drive and I asked them to listen to the noise, each one of them replied: What Noise? The guy in the back seat said he could not hear anything. Cool.

I did notice after driving it for nearly an hour the slight whine I could hear on decel had silenced somewhat. Maybe they do silence a bit during run in.

On the way back feeling confident they were run in pretty good I did a few 65-90 blasts with it. I let it coast down pretty abruptly after reaching 90. I swear this thing seemed even quieter after that. Gears have maybe 280 miles on them now. Got to run the car at 60mph average for a over an hour at a time on this trip.

I do seem to have a knack to zero in on the slightest imperfection maybe I am just too picky.

That's good news. Mine also quieted down somewhat after break-in but they still make some noise so ONE of these days I'll get it pulled back out and see if I can touch it up.

leblanc,

I would recommend that you contact Cass Eslick [[email protected]]. He specializes in drivetrain stuff and has pretty good pricing as well. He helped me a lot with my 8 3/4 diff. problems. He has a good reputation from a few other Mopar guys that I have talked to.

Cass (406)883-4772 (406)883-4218

My 2 cents.

ijg4503

-
Back