3/8 fuel line problems?

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
I have a question to throw out there for everyone's opinion I bought and installed a 3/8 fuel line from the" Right Stuff "it did not fit very well on a 67 Barracuda notchback. The bends where probably bent from the original measurements for a 5/16 line and they didn't take into consideration of the large size tube so the bend that goes from the frame above the fuel tank was to long and didn't line up with the sending unit. I just want to know if anyone else used this company for there pre-bent fuel lines? Has anyone else used a 3/8 fuel line from" inline tube" or" fine lines" and had any issues with installing it? I do have a 5/16 fuel line laying around to use instead but, would like to stay with the 3/8 line my sending unit is a 3/8. Let me know your thoughts Thanks
Pat Faley
67 NB S Clone
East Peoria IL

Just buy the tool and bend your own aftermarket NEVER FITS . see if they will return some of your cash wich they probly wont , so like most of us live and . put it upon jack stands and bend your own . buy the tool that has the little set of pins in it to make a double flange or factory end , its worth the extra few bucks, GL with your project Jon

Mine fit like crap where it bends over the frame rail. Called them and they sent another one and it fit perfect. Never sent the other one back nor did they ask for it.

Mark
Which company did you use? Fine lines, The right stuff, or Inline? The one I installed was the right stuff and it wasn't even close all the bends were off!
Pat

do you guys have any secrets on the best way to install the line without getting rough with it? This last one kinked at the bend that goes around one of the floor braces didn't notice it till I started putting on the clips to hold it to the car. So I need to get another line and I want to make sure I get one that will fit thanks for all the input.
Pat

Mark
Which company did you use? Fine lines, The right stuff, or Inline? The one I installed was the right stuff and it wasn't even close all the bends were off!
Pat

The Right Stuff. Mine fit good except for around the rear frame rail.

I used in-line and 3/8 the bend at the rail was poor. A little tweaking and it layed down nice. Overall I was pleased and just glad I could order pieces without having to do my own from scratch. The brake line on the other rail was about the same and easy to re-work.

Gerald
When I installed my 3/8 line from The Right Stuff the bends around the frame rail like you said needed some tweaking but the measurement from the frame rail to the spout of the sending unit was off about a 1/2" didn't notice it till I went to install the short piece of hose. I was afraid that sense it put it in such a bind that the sending unit would leak but it didn't. I agree with you I want to be able to just install it with out have to fabricate my own. I guess I will give it another try and order one from inline or fine lines and do some measuring before I attempt to install it. it is a lot easier to tweak it outside the car instead of when it is installed.
Thanks
Pat Faley

Bump
Anyone have any secrets on how to install there 3/8 fuel main without mangling the thing up? I'm sure one of the main thing is to get the car as far of the ground as you can if you don't have a lift so you have enough room to fish it through. Than remove the right rear tire for easier access?? What do you guys think?
Pat

When I did the 3/8 stainless on my Demon I did not have the exhaust or the rear shocks installed. I did remove the right rear tire and the gas tank wasn't installed. It did go pretty easy except by the frame tie. I would remove the shock and right rear tire and see if that gives you the room needed as well as letting the rear suspension hang by supporting the car somewhere else.

I just installed a 5/16" fuel line on my Dart that came from The Right Stuff and the fit was also a big problem around the frame rail.

-
Back