3.91 is in

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
So Ive yet to figure out why the local parts stores never have what I need on any given day. Seems like I have to drive 12 miles each time to get a $2.79 part. Oh well the 3.91 is in and I have a feeling it's not going to be in for long. I don't like it at all. No rpm meter but it seems like I'm pushing it at 60-65 now. I thought with the 265-70 15's it would be a little better but all that happened is the spedo is now correct instead of being off by 20 mph. The /'s trans is ready so looks like a swap coming up on the 20th of the month.

They arent for everyone but they sure are fun off the line.

So Ive yet to figure out why the local parts stores never have what I need on any given day. Seems like I have to drive 12 miles each time to get a $2.79 part. Oh well the 3.91 is in and I have a feeling it's not going to be in for long. I don't like it at all. No rpm meter but it seems like I'm pushing it at 60-65 now. I thought with the 265-70 15's it would be a little better but all that happened is the spedo is now correct instead of being off by 20 mph. The /'s trans is ready so looks like a swap coming up on the 20th of the month.

well with out knowing your motor,trans,converter could we tell you where it is at @ thoe speeds...

but my built /6 with a loose converter and 3.91's 28" tire does 31-3300 rpm @ 65 depending on the hills...

The motor is fairly built and the trans is getting a stage 2 kit with a stock conv. the tires are 10x28. This probably doesn't help much. I'll try hookong up an rpm gauge to see for sure what its at, it just sound pretty high. Cudaspaz I would love to swap but this unit is in very rough shape, my bad for not inspecting it better and buying it almost sight unseen. I wasn't going to use it but I couldn't let it just sit either. Maybe it will be different when the new drivetrain is in.

-
Back