3 Car Garage

-
That looks real good, what is that reflective ceiling material you used?
That ceiling height is awesome for your lift.

Hi Keith,
The reflective material is just insulation panels that are made by Dow. I bought from them from Home Depot. I used foil tape (typically used for duct work) on the seams.When I built my garage last year I was going to go with 10 ft walls and have my contractor cut the tresses out for lift clearance but he told me that it would only be another $800.00 for 12 ft walls so I told him to sign me up. The lift sure makes the under the car work a lot easier.

Did you just use the foiled-foam sheets, or is there fiberglass batting or similar between that and the roof?

We didn't see much benefit out of the styro-sheets...

Did you just use the foiled-foam sheets, or is there fiberglass batting or similar between that and the roof?

We didn't see much benefit out of the styro-sheets...
These are the foam panels. I also put roll plastic behind them as an additional barrier, it seems a lot warmer, guess we will have to wait and see.

Also if local laws do not allow a drain in the floor, install a drain just before the pour of concrete, capped with duct tape so when they do pour it the concrete just covers it. after it is inspected, you just have to bust through the top thin layer.

I did something similar to that with my wiring lol. I sank a thick cardboard tube covered with 2" masking tape in the corner where my electric would come in. And put a mark on the wall where it was. After concrete was poured and inspection done, i chipped out the concrete where it was, and pulled the wet cardboard out. Then had my electrician wire it up.

WOW am I glad that I went with the 12 foot high ceilings. I was originally going to get 10 foot ceilings and have them modify the trusses in order to fit the lift but the builder told me that 12 foot walls were only going to be another $800. Glad that I listen to him
Looks great, congrats on your new man cave. i would have done 12' walls on mine, but had to get a variance for anything above 10 foot. I have a neighbor that gave me and the city planning/zoning department so much grief over the building from the get go, that i just went with 10' walls, since i know they would have shot it down with me asking for 12 footers.

BTW, whats the dropped down box you have built into the ceiling for? Is it a storage loft of some sort?

BTW, whats the dropped down box you have built into the ceiling for? Is it a storage loft of some sort?
Sorry the you have that kind of neighbors. The box coming down from the ceiling is a storage loft. After I put in the 12 ft ceilings I found that I didn't have room for my "stuff". I normally have my wife's Caliber park there so I didn't need 12 ft ceilings on that side. At least you have yourself a nice brand new garage and that's what counts. A detached garage is way better than an integral (that's what I had at my previous house). Congrats!

This is what the lift looked like before it was closed in.
IMG_20151104_093504_037.jpg

That's awesome and some seriously quick work congrats!
Next house will.have bigger shop.and a lift is a must.
Enjoy!

Same plan here. Hope to buy an old cottage and have it moved/dropped wherever we end up buying and use that as a shop. I bought my current 22x23 for $500 and had Iit moved
Enjoy!
Thanks 4spdragtop,
This is the first detached garage for me. I was able to finance it with my mortgage .

-
Back