3 point seat belt anchor point

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
Are their upper anchor points behind the head liner with threads that can be used without taking the head liner down to prep for 3 point seat belts in a 69 notch back barracuda . thanks

The shoulder belt anchor point is straight above where the door glass and quarter glass meet. Did the 69 not have a factory shoulder belt mounted there ? Anyway...
That is the only one.

It didn't have it when i got it. i can feel the hole but it seems bigger than the bolt would be. the liner has no hole and doesnt look new. thats why i was wondering if their was something in their to thread the bolt into. just dont want to take the liner out and let the worms out.

My 69 Dart did not have shoulder belts but when I removed the liner, the threaded hole was there ..... I think the 69's had an option for the shoulder belts and cars had them there so if the option was picked ....it was ready for them

More issues may arise at the retractor mount point. Most 3 point retractors are larger than a lap belt retractor ( they hold more belt length ). Some owners have found the larger retractors conflict with seat travel.

-
Back