3 Second mopar sighting

-

OldmanRick

Reaction score
Not sure why i'm posting this, but i briefly saw a car go past the house today that gave me a shiver...lol. I had my attached garage door open and as i was stepping out of the house to take a trash bag out and a 68/69 Valiant went past. I've never seen it before, but it was bad assed. F8 greenish with what looked to be at least mini-tubbed and some form of a caltrac type setup. Engine sound was fairly quiet and i didn't get to hear any idle. Dude was bearded and had a cigar in his mouth. Maybe a Landy relative...lol. Probably someone visit a neighbor somewhere. I guess the reason it excited me is the best sounding car around here for years is a built Chevy Tahoe that a young guy has. And it is a great sounding street vehicle.

I had something similar happen a few weeks ago. Sunday afternoon, layin on the couch, almost asleep. I happened to look out the window and saw a truck and trailer go by with a Dart/Scamp body. Now mind you, it’s RARE to see an old Mopar around here, especially an A-body! So I jumped up, told my wife about it and told her I think I’m gonna do the right thing and try to catch him. So I threw on my boots, jumped in my Duster and hit the road. Caught up to him bout 2 miles later and stopped and talked awhile. He’d actually planned on stopping in several times to look at my Duster but never caught me outside.

Oh, and it ended up being a 74 Dart that he’s gettin ready to have painted.

I was walking the dog one evening at dusk, and I heard a familiar rumble coming down the road. Right away I recognized the running lights to be a 71/2 B body, and I was not disappointed. It went by me and the pup, 71 GTX. We turned around and followed the trail and we came upon it, and what a beautiful car. He was visiting a friend, I introduced myself and we’ve been friends ever since.

Not long after that the same thing happened, but this time it was a Scamp, one of the cleanest original A bodies ive seen in these parts, although I haven’t seen that one since. Mind you, I live in a little lake community, so these sightings are few and far between. Quality, not quantity with these 2 cars tho!

-
Back