3 speed to 4 speed

-

scikotictc232

Reaction score
hey there i have a 70 225 slant six 3 speed on the floor car, and i am wanting more info on a good 4 speed swap the car will be built and turboed and would just like another useable gear, also does anyone know if when swaping over to the 4 speed does the shifter come out of the tunnel through the same opening as the 3 speed ? thanks guys

hey there i have a 70 225 slant six 3 speed on the floor car, and i am wanting more info on a good 4 speed swap the car will be built and turboed and would just like another useable gear, also does anyone know if when swaping over to the 4 speed does the shifter come out of the tunnel through the same opening as the 3 speed ? thanks guys

yes, the shifter is in same location. anything else?lol

My 67 Barracuda w/ a 273 came from the factory w/ a 3speed.....when I went to swap to a 4 speed the bearing retainer hole(in the bell housing) was different.You should make sure they are the same to save your self a headach. My story gets worse......but the 273 is another animal.LOL

If you get an A-body trans, the shifter will go throught the same hole in the floor. You'll probably need a 4 speed bellhousing too unless yours has both bolt patterns.

If you still have that floor shift 3 speed setup I would be interested in it. Please PM me if you do and maybe we could work something out.

Thanks
Jeff

-
Back