$300 Chebbie Winter Beater

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I know that this is not a Mopar but check out the $300.00 94 Chebbie S-10 Blazer4X4 I just bought off Craigslist. Woman had it listed for $800.00 but when I called about the truck she told me that it would not go over 40 MPH. I went and looked at it and this woman told me a "Mechanic looked at it and said it needed a catalyic converter" I checked out the truck and noticed a lot of oil in the crankcase, and after test driving it. (It ran like ****) I told her that I would offer $300.00 cash on the spot. She accepted to my surprise and I took it home drained out the oil (Over 1 gallon of oil was in the crankcase causing massive blowback through the plenum) cleaned the plugs changed cap and wires, and air filter and PCV and truck runs like new!!!!!!! Pretty decent score if I may say so. I'll run it through the winter and then maybe sell it and pick up a Mopar Truck. I just could not pass this one up. Even though it's a Chevy, It is in great shape for the year Check out pics and let me know if you guys would have went for it.

Picture 1238.jpg

Picture 1239.jpg

Picture 1240.jpg

Picture 1241.jpg

Nice score. Its not even rotted. Usually the bottom half of the truck is gone on them. 4.3 or 3.8 ?

Great deal you got there. I would have done it in a heartbeat....:-D I think those trucks look good and it's in great shape to boot.

4.3 I could not pass this one up. It runs like new Tahoe pkg... nds a Heater, A/C Blower motor.

4.3s live forever, You could get 2K for that truck around here.

the rims are worth more than that..they probably have sunk buckets of $ into it and just wanted it gone..great score..

ian.

i hate to say it but yes a good deal for a balzing blazer

I had one a put a mild 350 in it was a quick little truck. You should do a small block swap. I would have bought that in a heartbeat. I really like those little Blazer/Jimmys.

Great buy, they're nice little trucks, I had one, gave it to my son a few years ago. He goes 4 wheelin with it all the time, they're small so great on trails and ours had posi. Check the rear you may have got lucky with that too. Also, the 4.3 is the same block as a 350 with a bank of cylinders chopped off so a swap is straight forward with the trans bolting right up. They don't on the 2.8

Good score! I saw one of those in a parking lot yesterday & the bottom half of the front fenders was nothing but crumbling rust. Yours looks great.

I would consider putting a 350 in it but it is not a Mopar.( I would put a V8 into it if it was a Mopar.) I will keep it and drive the wheels off of it. I have my own business repairing appliances and travel all over the state of N.C. so this is a perfect vehicle to run my calls in. I was running my calls out of the Duster before this due to lack of funds to purchase another vehicle and I needed to get the Duster off the roads. We did get snow down here last January, and when the roads get icy out here it is like matchbox cars smashing into each other. I was looking at a Dakota but the dude wanted $1000.00 and it needed a transfer case. I just didn't have the bread so I bought this Chevy. I will probably sell it after the winter. I have drove it over 400 miles in 4 days and it runs better the more I drive it.8) I probably will clay bar the paint to really get the shine back and besides general maintenence, I am just going to run it. Put a CD player in it yeaterday, factory radio did not work.

-
Back