300K Mile 1968 Dart GT in need of serious love

-

MoparGuy68

Reaction score
I found this 1968 Dart GT being offered for sale, by the original owner, with 300K miles. Time hasn't been kind to this car, nor was the original owner apparently, but it is all there in its original glory. Please note I am NOT the seller and nor do I know the seller. The car can be found on the Phoenix Craigslist.

It reminds me of the 1969 Dart GT I bought for $200, when I was in high school back in the mid 1980s. Mine had already had a hard life by 1986, but this one has achieved a few grades beyond in the school of hard knocks.

Anyway, being a 1968 model, I couldn't help but fantasize about transforming this dilapidated beauty of maltreatment into a SS Hemi Dart replica. I don't have the facilities or resources to attempt the transformation, but thought maybe someone might want to save this poor car from an eternal sleep in a boneyard grave.. Maybe even give it some serious Dandy Dick Landy kind of Super Stock love..

68DartGT_1.jpg

68DartGT_2.jpg

68DartGT_3.jpg

68DartGT_4.jpg

68DartGT_5.jpg

68DartGT_6.jpg

I think he sold the car. I saw it as well and had illusions of grandeur. The car was only a few hours away.

-
Back