308 heads

-

Robbie2734

Lambcharger
Reaction score
Still working on the 360 and I'm getting the heads ready for a valve job. I have them apart and found they have really big intake guides. How much can be cut before causing problems? The intake ports are tall and thin but they have a big chamber behind them. The exhaust are great, they don't need much, clean up the casting and it's all good. These are going on a mild 360 roller. I'll probably keep the stock valves and use new springs and retainers/keepers. I rounded off the sharp edges on the intake guides but left them pretty much stock. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• Image00034.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 276
  • Image00036.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Image00035.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 265
Those are not that bad, really. If you want to knock the edges off and make them more streamlined, go for it. Remember the air is coming in, as opposed to fully radiusing the exhaust guides to let air around those.

They can be cut down quite a bit if you want. If you're doing it yourself, I would say Pishta makes a great point. Just rounding the edges on everything would make a difference.

But, if you want to know how far you can go, these are a set of 308's I had ported. Not a ton left on them, this set of 308's now flows 264cfm at .500"

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 250
-
Back