308 heads?

-

mean318

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I have just reccently aquired a set of 308 heads and I was wondering if these were any good? I have been toying with the idea with putting them on my 318 but when I look at them I see that the pushrod tubes are hugh! I have heard mixed things on these heads. I have heard that they are swirl port, closed chambers kinda like a 360 version of a 302 head, but now that I have I am not so sure. I will be getting a set of 302's and I will put the 1.88/ 1.60 valves in them if they will fit, and gasket match. I was just wondering your thoughts on all this.

ill get you a set of 302s if my friend still has them for those 308s =)

The 308 is a good head for the larger cubed engines. Theres a bit much of port volume for a 318. They are not swirl port heads, the 318's "302" head is. The 1.88 - 1.60 valves will fit. Build dependent, a bowl porting will really wake up the head.

IMO, I think if you speak with this guy, BRJ located here; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=1620
He can help you alot with this head on your build. He's very good with heads and understands whats needed and not.

-
Back