318 1/4 mile guess?

-

dustinmoran91

Reaction score
318 with all stock bottom end, magnum heads, redrilled 360 four barrel intake, holley 600, howards cam with .501 lift 276 advertised and [email protected] has a 108 LSA and a 104intake centerline, cam is installed at 104, i know the intake is a restriction and the compression is a little low coming in around 8.5-9:1 on a good day. has a stock convertor for now and 3:73 gears with a 27" tall tire. car weighs around 2800 pounds from all the modifications i did. what do you think it will run?
my main reason for the stock convertor and intake was i had them layin around and a buddy with a ricer wanted to race so i thought i would just get it goin for now and try to whoop him and then upgrade those parts :cheers:

lol i was figuring on mid 13's with those restrictions on it. should be fast enough to beat him i hope. if not im throwin a 150 shot of nitrous at and then hoping it doesnt go boom long enough to smoke him hahaha

et is really dependent on 60' times. bad 60' = slow 1/4 time with good mph.

It could run 13.50's if it leaves really well. Stock converter won't likely allow a good 60'

four door honda something lol he said its ran in the 14's before but now it has different cams and throttle body, they gutted this thing to the point its not really safe anymore, they removed the inside door frame and so its just an outside skin and a glued in bar. he said every brace has been removed from it and it has no windows. i said hes stupid because when it rains he will be wet and when a car t bones him he has zero protection. lol

Sounds like his car isnt legal for racing.

Lol this wont be a "legal" race. We might go to a test and tune day and run them but thats about it. I cant see his car even being street legal haha although it is an improvement over the last honda that used keychain caribbeaners instead of actual buckels lol. My car still needs a few odds and ends but im hoping to get it fired and break in the cam this weekend.

four door honda something lol he said its ran in the 14's before but now it has different cams and throttle body, they gutted this thing to the point its not really safe anymore, they removed the inside door frame and so its just an outside skin and a glued in bar. he said every brace has been removed from it and it has no windows. i said hes stupid because when it rains he will be wet and when a car t bones him he has zero protection. lol

Zoiks!!! Not sure that even qualifies as a car! LOL

Zoiks!!! Not sure that even qualifies as a car! LOL

Lol its also been rattle can flat blacked with steel wheels for that "racecar" look haha also has a duplicolor engine enamel neon green spoiler and some stickers on the side. And dont forget the super mega turbo fart cannon muffler that always adds +50 horsepower to their already insane 75..... hahahahaha

just make sure the race is headed into a head wind. he will just blow off the track. lol

Lol im hopin i beat him because he said the previous owner spent like $3k for the engine swap haha i laughed an called him a dunmy because for $3k i could build a wicked small block. Also when i beat his $3k engine swap with a car i threw together out of mostly leftover parts i had laying around he will be soooo mad haha

3000 lbs. with you in it takes 250hp, which you should easily have, to run 102mph....102 = 13.00 et.

I'll give you a 2.00 60' and that can support a 14.40.

After hours and hours of extreme thought and calculations :D:D:D......

I'll give you your 13.50.........Now, just be safe....and go smoke his raggety a$$. :thumleft:

3000 lbs. with you in it takes 250hp, which you should easily have, to run 102mph....102 = 13.00 et.

I'll give you a 2.00 60' and that can support a 14.40.

After hours and hours of extreme thought and calculations :D:D:D......

I'll give you your 13.50.........Now, just be safe....and go smoke his raggety a$$. :thumleft:

Thats what i wanna hear!!! Lol its a 70 duster that was really rotten and i got it for $300 and it didnt seem like a good idea to put thousands into it for it to look pretty so i made it a gutted down street/strip car. No interior, all the steel floor was removed for frame connectors and rocker ties that are covered in aluminum race car panel for the floor, wheel tubs, a ford 8.8 with 3.73's, homebuilt 727, the 318 listed above, mopar electronic ignition, a roll bar and support tubes but not a full cage, no inner fenders just a peice of roll bar tubing bracing the frame to the firewall and a couple other little things

lol i was figuring on mid 13's with those restrictions on it. should be fast enough to beat him i hope. if not im throwin a 150 shot of nitrous at and then hoping it doesnt go boom long enough to smoke him hahaha

When you get the itch to go faster, get a 904 and build it. That will shave some et for sure.

-
Back