318/340 ps bracket the same?EDELBROCK HEADS... HELP!!!

-

Wilnutt

Reaction score
I Have the 318 power steering pump bracke tput on my 340 motor i'm building.. I got the edelbrock heads and now for some reason the bracket, when set up ...the alignment is off by about 1/2"..meaning the pump pulley is now 1/2" closer to the radiator than everything else... I'D cut and weld..but i know it'll only hold for so long..WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! IS THERE ANOTHER BRACKET???

Check a "Cuda Capers" thread. John had an issue. Excellent pictures to view. Hope that helps.

idk..he just added spacers..i'm needing to take my ps pump back...not alternator forward..thanks though...it still helps a bit..i just wish i knew how to make a bracketi was just hopin 31 n 340 bracket were different..lol

Sorry will. I myself did a March serpintine set up.

what's that??? and i guess it's too late for me anyways...plus i'm gonna be runnin ac and all so...i guess i'll go pickin through the boneyard for something that might work..unless someone else knows a solution..or better yet..i'll call edelbrock in the mornin after work and junk

i cant remember the powersteeringbrackets bolting to the cylinder head, if i remember it right those brackets bolt to the timingchain cover and the waterpump:s

Yep....I used to run PS with my Eddy headed 318 and the stock brackets worked fine. Nothing with the PS bolts to the head.....it all goes on the timing cover. I never even had a problem with mounting the Alternator with my Eddy heads.

you got pics of what'd i'd need...bc i've got a bracket that comes right off the head...

What year of car and motor are we dealing with here....because if you have the newer timing cover and WP with the inlet on the right side and you are using old style brackets for the left side inlet timing cover that can be the cause of your problems.

71' demon...and i'im quite sure the guy used an early-mid 80's 318...

anyone got pics of the difference in timing covers?

so should all i need to do is get the brackets for the timing belt styl..and get a different timing cover..would i need anything else

wait a minute there.....you should have the 70 and up timing cover...the timing marks are on the left side.....that's about the only difference on the timing covers but the brackets MIGHT be different cause the water pump is different for the '69 and older because the inlet in on the left side where the '70 and up have the WP inlet on the right side of the motor.

i know it's either the -s006 or ps004..... but idk the difference...

You need to determine which pump you have then.....at the bottom of that page it shows you how to tell the difference in the two pumps.

ok..i know i have the part that goes off of teh cover...but i have a bracket that connects to the backl and goes to the head???

Nothing bolts to the head on a SB powersteering set that I know of......All I know is the brackets are different for the two different styles of pumps.

neither one have one coming off of the head...just the block and timing cover correct???so saginaw is a trw/thompson pump???

and btw.. THANKS SOOO MUCH... IDK what'd I'd do w/o you guys helping me out... And i've spent 2 days searching for brackets..IDK how the heck you found that site...lol

neither one have one coming off of the head...just the block and timing cover correct???so saginaw is a trw/thompson pump???

Correct...there is a bracket that bolts to the bottom couple timing cover bolts...that holds the back of the pump then the large bracket with the adjustment bolts to the PS pump and a then a WP bolt IIRC.

and btw.. THANKS SOOO MUCH... IDK what'd I'd do w/o you guys helping me out... And i've spent 2 days searching for brackets..IDK how the heck you found that site...lol

I just did a search on Yahoo for Small block Mopar Power Steering Brackets images

Pictures of how mine mounts.............. No bolts attach to the heads.

PS Pump 2 Small.JPG

PS Pump 1 Small.JPG

-
Back