318 boost

-

dt67

Reaction score
i have a 75 318 2bbl. was thinking about the 302 casting head. is it worth it? is there anything that has to be modified? i have a holley 600 and due to budget it has a 3" single exhaust with flowmaster y pipe with manifolds with a 50 series 3" flowmaster muffler. i was really only going to get wrecking yard 4 bbl intake, remove the holes and port match the heads depending on the intake i get. also going with a small comp extreme cam they recomended for this car. any help would be grat as to if its worth the other heads or just stick with whats there. thank you.

With all else being equal 302 heads will make more power. Closed chamber design, and swirl port. I just got schooled on this myself! MT

thanks my next step is to try to find out if a thermoquad or a q-jet is that much better carb than a holley. its just a daily driver with highway gears so there is no need for od. tinted windows, flattened out paint, black steelies, good stereo and the wonderful music of a 50 series flowmaster. you didnt mention. are they a direct bolt on or do things have to be modified? thank you so much for your time, dt

bolt right in. Early 273 manifold needs a little mod, but I don't thkin 67 does. Exhaust manifold.

-
Back