318 cam

-
He's gone for a bit now. I think @toolmanmike gave him a vacation. Maybe he will make it a stayawaycation. lol
I did. For 2 weeks. He said some pretty nasty things to other members and then deleted his comments. I read those and we don't allow that kind of stuff here. I will give him a chance when he comes back . If he does it again, he will be gone permanently.

Last edited:
I did. For 2 weeks. He said some pretty nasty things to other members and them deleted his comments. I read those and we don't allow that kind of stuff here. I will give him a chance when he comes back . If he does it again, he will be gone permanently.
Thank you kindly. He simply has nothing constructive to add as of late.

I'm no expert, but to me looks like similar cams and output wouldn't be to far off from each other, the xe250h has a tighter lsa and faster ramps so probably a better under the curve performance,, but I'd imagine the differences wouldn't be overly huge. I'd would go with xe250h mainly cause of the 110 lsa. There basically similar to a stock 340 cam
I'm no expert either but I would think the comp with the shorter advertised duration & narrower LSA would yield better cylinder pressure / dynamic compression all else being equal. Assuming both use the same lift point for advertised duration.

Common sense tells me that any cam in the 220-225° range will produce similar power in a Teen regardless of lift. THere is a limit to lift at low duration unless you use a roller and there is limits there. The faster you get to maximum lift, the harder it is on valve springs and valvetrain. That's why the old cams worked well for stock or modified street engines. Not much lift but quite a bit of duration. (keep the valve open longer at lower lift to make the cylinder fill longer and the exhaust open longer (not higher or further) to clear the cylinder out. Just thinking out loud. All the cams with specs in that low duration range should preform about the same even though they may produce their power at different rpm. One might produce a little more power but less torque compared to another similar cam or just at a different rpm.

-
Back