318 carburater

-

concrete52

Reaction score
getting the super 6 set up for my 225 slant 6 - automatic - now i have been told to get an early 318 carburater for this super 6 set up cause these latter carbs on the super 6 were set up more for smog control - had unnessesary ports ? - i am trying to figure out what to do here and possibly locate a GOOD CARBURATER REBUILDER -

getting the super 6 set up for my 225 slant 6 - automatic - now i have been told to get an early 318 carburater for this super 6 set up cause these latter carbs on the super 6 were set up more for smog control - had unnessesary ports ? - i am trying to figure out what to do here and possibly locate a GOOD CARBURATER REBUILDER -

If you have the carb from the super six setup you could always block off the unneeded ports and try running that and see how it works.It will be jetted leaner than an earlier carb so if you're running a low restriction exhaust,it might be too lean.
If you don't have that,then an early 273 or 318 Carter carb would be a good bet.

I know of a really good guy here in Victoria that does lots of carb work for the old car crowd and he's really reasonable.There's probably several guys like that over there as well,normally I'd suggest asking around at a car show or cruise but not many of those this time of year.

I should have a couple of older 318 cores kicking around if you need one.

If you've gone to the trouble of changing to a 2bbl,, then you might want to use the Holley carb,, IIRC its about 110 cfm more flow than the Carter, but check it out..

hope it helps..

I have a good super six core for sale in the for sale section. It doesn't have anymore ports on it than a standard 318 carburetor.

i would consider your gesture for the older 318 carb - i am receiving the whole super 6 set up but i listen to good reason and advice of you good fellas here - how much for the carb and the contact for them boys on the island - thanks - Roberto

See if Rustyratrod could rebuilt his carb for you if you're interested in it. He can make it run good for you. That way, you can get a good running carb right out of the box....

thanks - awaiting a response from him

Are you awaiting a response from me? Sorry,I should have been paying more attention :eek:ops:

If you're still interested,I'd let the carb go for $40 plus shipping (probably around $10) and I'll have to dig up the number for the carb guru and PM it to you.
He lives pretty close to me so I could drop it off and pick it up from him if you want to have him rebuild it.

-
Back