318 electronic distributor

-

vitamindart

Reaction score
ok, so here is my dilemma. I have a 95 magnum 318 in my valiant.
currently running a MSD dist & 6AL box. I have persistent miss that wont go away.
pretty sure its Ignition related as I can occasionally even catch it on my timing light.
I have changed the plugs, wires, cap & rotor with Zero change. not sure if it is in the box or distributor ( both were purchased used ). I am looking to swap or replace both.
I know they are Both overkill for what I need. The car is just a cruiser and I want something reliable and affordable that I can easily get parts for.
should I just get a stock remain distributor and run a gm hei module?
or are the skip white? distributors decent? or the proform?

if possible I would like to have HEI terminals on the cap ( I did see summit sells a cap for the stock dist that has these )

Thanks!

Check the reluctor gap yet?

You can get male terminal caps all over the place.

I think I checked that when I converted it back to mechanical advance.
the previous owner had it locked out. it doesn't have a vacuum advance, I was thinking that would help my mileage & drivability since its a cruiser. figured I could save this stuff for a later build.

I would risk $45 on a Skip White distributor, and it normally comes with the male connectors on the cap, as you desire. For any ignition, insure you have a solid ground connection, i.e. not a rusty screw.

I would risk $45 on a Skip White distributor, and it normally comes with the male connectors on the cap, as you desire. For any ignition, insure you have a solid ground connection, i.e. not a rusty screw.

Yep.
I think the skip white distributors are totally worth the cost for ignition electronics, if a person isn't picky about OEM.
Heck a red male terminal HEI cap will almost cost that by itself.

So where do I get that dizzy?
I just checked out Skip White Performance and the only MOPAR I saw was a billet pro, no vac, and requires CDI with an external coil.
Oh and it was listed for $54.50.
Do they have 'Normal' ones?

sorry, I guess the ready to run ones I saw on ebay are not skip white.
but for 50 bucks I might have to try one out.

does anyone know if It is possible to use the GM module instead of or in place of the cdi box?

4627_1_.jpg

Free shipping from Speedmaster at$57

http://store.speedmaster79.com/p-46...-coil-hei-electronic-distributor-red-cap.aspx

-
Back