318 engine mount picture request

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm still messing around with trying to fit my headers and it's possible (although not likely) that I have my engine mounts wrong?

Does anyone have good pictures of both sides?

Jeff

Do you have the right headers? What are they? There's really no way the mounts can interfere. Not that A-Body headers are a joy to put in to begin with.

Hey, I thought your mounts looked different when you posted pictures last time, but it's always a little tough from a photo, especially when not focused on the mounts.

The driver side should have the mount stud near the front.

Ok....here is the passenger side

20160702_162923.jpg

And here is the driver's side...

20160702_162940.jpg

You'll notice it's a thicker mount I'm trying. ...I still have the original one I could put back but it wasn't working either. ..
Jeff

Those don't look like A body engine brackets to me. I don't know about drivers, but pass side looks more like van / pickpup, IE way too tall

Oh, these are slant K member conversion mounts? Sorry ignore my post

Never know what someone has done. If it's a conversion package (slant to V8), hopefully it wasn't somebody's home craftiness that isn't correct size.

Never know what someone has done. If it's a conversion package (slant to V8), hopefully it wasn't somebody's home craftiness that isn't correct size.
It "looks" right based on the link I gave.....
Just gonna have to get back on it tomorrow morning. .there's an answer there somewhere!

Jeff

After trying again, I've decided I'm probably going to just massage the #5 pipe a little bit. It won't take much...A little nerve wracking amd a bit frustrating but not the end of the world.
A lot of guys have had to clearance their headers....I'm not alone!

Jeff

-
Back